Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Pilot, 117,000 miles. I have had an occasional problem that the car does not start. When I turn the key, nothing happens. If I key trying,m eventually the Pilot starts. The battery is new. I suspect that it is either a bad ignition switch or a bad starter solenoid. I ordered a new ignition switch, since it is easier to replace than the starter.

This is the new switch. It looks the same as a the video of the switch replacement I found.

The problem is that the switch in my Pilot is different. Here is a picture.

The old switch is hard wired, there is not a connector. There are also wires that were spliced into the wires that are cut and terminated with shrink wrap. I am guessing that it had a remote start that was removed.

The replacement switch does not fit. Is a replacement switch available? Otherwise I think I have to replace the part that the switch screws into and the switch.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,043 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Check the splices you mentioned in the switch wiring. You may have a broken wire. Also, if you replace the entire assembly and get a new key, the vehicle computer will not recognize it without reprogramming. Retain the original key and cylinder if possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts