Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody, newbie here, and thanks so much in advance for your help.

I just changed the spark plugs on my 2007 Pilot EXL 4-wheel drive (105,500 miles - had dealership do timing belt package), and have 2 of the black coil connectors with broken tabs = no "snap" and not real tight on coil boot.

From searching the net I know Honda doesn't sell them separately (AHs) but it does look like there are aftermarket ones available, e.g.,

So I wanted to ask you all how you handle this type of situation, and thanks again so much for your help, I really appreciate it oohra !

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
Hello Everybody, newbie here, and thanks so much in advance for your help.

I just changed the spark plugs on my 2007 Pilot EXL 4-wheel drive (105,500 miles - had dealership do timing belt package), and have 2 of the black coil connectors with broken tabs = no "snap" and not real tight on coil boot.

From searching the net I know Honda doesn't sell them separately (AHs) but it does look like there are aftermarket ones available, e.g.,

View attachment 141569

So I wanted to ask you all how you handle this type of situation, and thanks again so much for your help, I really appreciate it oohra !
If the connector is slid on the the coil as far as it will go, I wouldn't worry about it. Check them periodically. But if it's not then yes, I might attempt this fix. I've had a radiator fan connector broke for years. It's never come apart, so I've never tried to fix it.

Reactions: PHM

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
While it's hopefully not the end of the world, if the dealer did this, then I'd go back and politely ask them to make it right. That's why you accept to pay a dealer big bucks; you assume they do it right or have the resources and wherewithal :) to stand by their work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While it's hopefully not the end of the world, if the dealer did this, then I'd go back and politely ask them to make it right. That's why you accept to pay a dealer big bucks; you assume they do it right or have the resources and wherewithal :) to stand by their work.
They didn't do it, I did, when I was changing out the plugs.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
356 Posts
In the years I have broken many of the locking tabs.
I never replaced one, they always stayed put.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
356 Posts
If you are really worried about it, put a dab of rtv silicone on it. Will not shake free, but will be easily removed next time you remove plugs. Which probably the car will be retired before you have to change plugs again.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
rtv silicone
I'm still amazed that humanity now lives in a time when we've mastered a technology to vulcanize at room temperature. :)

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
If you are really worried about it, put a dab of rtv silicone on it. Will not shake free, but will be easily removed next time you remove plugs. Which probably the car will be retired before you have to change plugs again.
I'm still amazed that humanity now lives in a time when we've mastered a technology to vulcanize at room temperature. :)
I'd wait and see if the harness actually starts to become unclipped. Sometimes the clips can be hard to get off as it is. The thought of vulcanizing them scares me.., just a little. lol

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
356 Posts
I'd wait and see if the harness actually starts to become unclipped. Sometimes the clips can be hard to get off as it is. The thought of vulcanizing them scares me.., just a little. lol
I love the safety footwear. He did a nice job though.
Do not like how aggressive he was with the tire irons on the rim though.
We have not lit a tire repair for 30 years. I am sure they are just going by old school teaching.
Last tire I fixed was a 20.5-25. Used my cell phone flashlight. Had it all together and aired up, could not find my phone.
I left it in the tire, had to break it down again to get my phone back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts