Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda trying to do the right thing with recall, but can’t stop some flubs

Are Pilots just such a smaller market segment than CR-Vs so the rear subframe rust problem hasn't garnered their attention yet?

There are enough documented Pilot cases at this point that it's just as much of a problem as is appears to be in CR-Vs.

Hey Honda, don't wait for failures to start mounting up and tragedies to occur.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,407 Posts
How does a manufacturer determine what is abnormal? Cars rust and living up north where there’s lots of road salt has been a problem forever.
Just an example, a 2003 Pilot isn’t going to last forever. It will rust. It doesn’t seem like a problem with newer pilots so it could just be an age thing.

·
Registered
301 Posts
With the CRV there was an issue with one supplier and one batch of subframes not being rust proofed to proper spec so they recalled the serial #'s with those parts, checked for safety, if still good they rust proof to get expected life, if too far gone, they bought you out or replaced based on value of the vehicle. My CRV being in the rust belt, having those parts and 389K KM's on it I got 4600 bucks to put towards the Pilot. I am sure the original manufacturer of the subframes is eating some of those costs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts