Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have a 2010 Pilot that is idling normal but then will "bottom out" or in other words the RPMs will drop and then recover. This is only noticed while in park. I am not sure where to start. The Pilot does need a set of spark plugs but it doesn't seem like that is the problem. I am thinking fuel or some kind of valve/sensor problem. The Pilot is not throwing any codes at the moment. It is idling normal for the most part but will just stumble and drop rpms then bounce back up to normal. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,841 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I went through this on my 2005. Technically I’m still going through it since the issue isn’t fully resolved yet. The only thing I haven’t tried yet is the valve adjustment which was due 12k miles ago.

Check this thread for the things I tried.

·
Registered
9,473 Posts
Hello
I have a 2010 Pilot that is idling normal but then will "bottom out" or in other words the RPMs will drop and then recover. This is only noticed while in park. I am not sure where to start. The Pilot does need a set of spark plugs but it doesn't seem like that is the problem. I am thinking fuel or some kind of valve/sensor problem. The Pilot is not throwing any codes at the moment. It is idling normal for the most part but will just stumble and drop rpms then bounce back up to normal. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Clean air filter
Clean the (MAF) mass airflow sensor with CRC Electronic Cleaner or MAF Cleaner. Spray a few short burst directly into the electrodes. Let dry thoroughly before re-installing.
Make sure the intake tube is clamped on airtight with no cracks.
I'd replace spark plugs with NGK Laser Iridiums from RockAuto. There are a lot of fakes out there that will make a vehicle run badly.
I would also disable the VCM. Keeping the engine running on all 6 cylinders will help the engine combustion chamber stay clean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts