Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
6,391 Posts
You know I think you're right guys....I should at least drive the new Pilot around for a week or so when I get it without turning off auto start and make sure it is really such a big deal to me. Maybe it isnt as you said
I would venture to say that as long as you drive the vehicle as intended to maintain the battery you should have no problems. Maintaining an AGM battery in a vehicle isn't all that tough. It just takes a little driving time really. Short little 1 or 2 mile trips don't give the vehicle time to charge up the battery. I'm 6 days short of 3 years into the OEM battery on my 2020 Touring and the SOC is 12.6 after a charge and 8 hour rest before testing.

If you don't like the Auto Idle Stop feature, there is alway the option to turn it off with your free idle stopper device.

· Registered
5,821 Posts
I would venture to say that as long as you drive the vehicle as intended to maintain the battery you should have no problems. Maintaining an AGM battery in a vehicle isn't all that tough. It just takes a little driving time really. Short little 1 or 2 mile trips don't give the vehicle time to charge up the battery. I'm 6 days short of 3 years into the OEM battery on my 2020 Touring and the SOC is 12.6 after a charge and 8 hour rest before testing.

If you don't like the Auto Idle Stop feature, there is alway the option to turn it off with your free idle stopper device.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts