Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Honda Pilot, I have trouble finding why my pilot getting weird idle that does go up and down non stopping at all. I have replaced timing belt, IAC and TPS... still cannot solve it. When the engine cold, it stay smooth at 1,200 till after warm up it go up and down

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,267 Posts
Welcome and thanks for registering at piloteers.org. We are glad you have chosen to be part of the community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Please take a moment to look over the FAQ section. If you need assistance please use the “message” function to contact any staff member.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register at the Honda Owners web site. It is full of information you may find useful about your particular Honda vehicle(s).

Enjoy and all the best,

Daltongang

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
2003 Honda Pilot, I have trouble finding why my pilot getting weird idle that does go up and down non stopping at all. I have replaced timing belt, IAC and TPS... still cannot solve it. When the engine cold, it stay smooth at 1,200 till after warm up it go up and down
Check for vacuum leaks 1st.
Make sure your intake tube is tight, sealed, not cracked.
Is there a check engine light?

Reactions: cloudasc

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
Yes, I would also say to start by looking at the air intake tube, where there might be a crack on the underside near the left hose clamp. Here's a very special VIP PIloteers exclusive; intrepid member @andywatson was gracious enough to post a picture of her crack. :)

radiator recommendations 04 pilot

It can sometimes happen when people bend the old air intake hose a little much. :)

https://d2n97g4vasjwsk.cloudfront.n...3.5L V6/Air Filter Engine - Part 1 - 480p.mp4

Agree with considering the PMS PVC valve as well. How long has it been? Just be very, very careful when you do. :)

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
I agree, sounds like the typical vacuum leak.

Find the leak with smoke:

Find the leak with Water, Propane, or Starting Fluid:
On a 2003, I'd find it best to just go ahead and replace every rubber hose on the vehicle. I hate cigar smoke, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts