Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Idle Engine Stop - stopped working '21 PILOT

973 5
I bought my 2021 Pilot SE in June of 2021 and the auto stop for Idle Engine worked consistently well until last week (June 2022).
It does not activate consistently anymore; perhaps, once in a week.

Is this a unreliable (troublesome) feature which breaks easily?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2021 Pilot AWD SE
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, I have checked those already.
May be the humidity is high because of the rain but the AC is not OFF (just running Fan on Low + 1), nothing heavy duty.

Actually, when I drove out just now, it turned OFF the engine at the first stop light about 1 mile away from my home. And, then, no more throughout the 25 mile journey.

· Registered
22 Pilot SE, 20 GLE 350, 06 Civic EX
251 Posts
I’d have it checked out. Something may be amiss, like the battery might be getting weak prematurely… it happens. You might need a new one, and perhaps it would be prorated or covered under warranty.

· Registered
2021 Pilot AWD SE
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Out of curiosity,I hooked up battery-charger to my Pilot's battery (last night); lo & behold, the battery capacity was only like 33%. So, I charged it all night and the next morning it was 100%.

Then, I unhooked all devices (iPod, Garmin windshield recorder, radar detector). All these devices are supposed to go into sleep mode when the engine is turned OFF. And, besides, all sockets in the Pilot are without power when the engine is turned OFF. So, theoretically, there should not be anything draining the battery when the engine is OFF.

Took it to run a 50+ miles errand and it turned OFF the engine at every single traffic light. Glad I found the reason: low battery.

I'll hook up the battery charger again in a few days to see the battery charge level.

· Registered
2021 Pilot AWD SE
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frequency of vehicle usage and low battery:
By the way, I do not drive my Pilot everyday. In general, I may drive it once or twice a week. For those of you doing the same thing, are you getting any battery issues?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.