Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help with this one i wanted to replace the idle air control valve on my 06 ex but the dudes at my shop stated it doesnt have one... 0_o

Anyways hase anyone cleaned this part successfully without any issues ?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,939 Posts
If I recall correctly it’s only on model years which do not use the electronically controlled throttle body. I believe that is pre-2005 Pilots.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmm ok that would make sense so other that the EGR valve what else would I clean /replace to improve rough idle / hesitation ? Already did the usual plugs and throttle body clean

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Have you tried a bottle of Techron or equivalent to clean the injectors?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Techron goes in almost every tank full .. Since well it's over 200 k i'm wondering if I need to pull the injectors and have them cleaned out fully.... 60 bucks each I kinda want to clean them first and just replace the O rings with a rebuild kit.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Soo I took the top cover off the plenum and load and behold the little holes were clogged ... lots of carbon inside those areas ...cleaned them out ... and cleaned out the EGR valve again ...next day i forgot to let the boss know but she came home telling me she was surprised on the take off power no hesitation she had back and the smooth idle... mission complete

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Sweet. Glad to hear you got it fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts