Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ice storm in central Kentucky has been beautiful yet disastrous.
The ice accumulated Saturday night, and still many traffic lights throughout Lexington are still out of order, and thousands of residents are still without power.

Here is a shot of the PILOT on our street this morning. All the trees are bent over with ice; many have fallen branches. Note: this is NOT a weeping willow, it's a maple!

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another shot with Ice-laden trees. It's half fairy-land, half war zone, especially in the areas with lots of old trees, where many are down, blocking roads and tearing down power lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's amazing how much ice can stick to a tree twig or branch.
No wonder the trees are falling under the weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Great pictures, Havasu!! Amazing!
Beautiful as it is, I'd love to see the same shot in the Spring! What a lovely neighborhood. :)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Ooohhh... that brings back memories of the D.C. area ice storm in 1998 where over 100,000 residents lost power (some for 6+ days). Nice pix, though... just bad memories for me!! ;)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Wow- Beautiful!

I know now, that I will never post a photo of MY neighborhood!
Gorgeous photos, gorgeous street of dreams you live on!
We just don't have brick homes around here-quite the sight for this Washingtonian.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Nice pics, havasu. I remember a few years ago, when we had all the trees in the city turned into beautiful white and silver works of art like that. We had many, many incidents of tree branches, some really big ones, falling on cars and on houses.

Just drive carefully!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts