Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to join the club!!!!

Guess I'll have to go out and buy a Pilot then. Are dealers charging full MSRP on the pilot? What is the availability?

Scott
(soon to be owner of a black pilot, I hope!)
:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
There are alot of good places in the DC area. Couple people got their's from College Park Honda. I got mine from Pohanka Honda (if you go there talk to Reggy Mack).

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
sjohns6 said:

Guess I'll have to go out and buy a Pilot then. Are dealers charging full MSRP on the pilot? What is the availability?

Scott
Welcome, Scott! You'll be glad you joined the "Piloteers," I'm sure! What you're asking has been a popular topic here.
As one other member said recently:

"There are lots of price discussions in prior threads, including several discussions focused on prices in the Metro DC area.

Do a search using some of the following terms and you will find them:

DC, MSRP, price, etc."

By the way, you can be a member of this board without actually owning a Pilot. It's just that you'll most likely want to BUY one after reading all the posts!!!!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Re: I want to join!!!!!

Ziploc said:

By the way, you can be a member of this board without actually owning a Pilot.
She's not just whistling Dixie there Scott. Look at my post count. :) and I don't have a Pilot................... yet.:4:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
sjohns6 said:

Scott
sjohns6: Welcome to honda-pilot.org and the D.C. Metro Area "club"!!! :4: Shoot, it's been close to eight months since I've bought my Pilot, so I really am not up on the latest and greatest wrt MSRP and availability (since I'm not buying, I haven't been looking) in our area.

Data point: I paid MSRP at Criswell Honda last summer and had to wait close to two months with a $1000 deposit... :(

P.S. We've unofficially adopted florida_guy here... :D :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
Alright who let folrida_guy in here again. Man is no where safe?
:2: :D

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: I want to join!!!!!

kemosabe said:

sjohns6: Welcome to honda-pilot.org and the D.C. Metro Area "club"!!! :4: Shoot, it's been close to eight months since I've bought my Pilot, so I really am not up on the latest and greatest wrt MSRP and availability (since I'm not buying, I haven't been looking) in our area.

Data point: I paid MSRP at Criswell Honda last summer and had to wait close to two months with a $1000 deposit... :(

P.S. We've unofficially adopted florida_guy here... :D :p
sjohns6, since I bought at the same dealership as Kemosabe, but only 3-1/2 months ago, I'll provide my figures for what it's worth. I bought a Pilot EX off the lot, with wheel locks installed but no other accessories, for $29,075, including the mandatory destination fee of $460 (MSRP, not including destination = $29,270). On top of that I paid extra for the accessories you see listed in my signature. Even though I negotiated the accessory prices down significantly from the highway-robbery level the dealer first quoted, I still think I paid too much. Many folks pay a lot less for the same thing by ordering accessories on line (hondacuraworld is terrific) and installing them themselves.

P.S. Criswell Honda is in Germantown, MD, a bit of a hike for you but worth it if you can get them to "play ball."

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I'll head up to Leesburg Honda during lunch for my first test drive. :2:

Great day for it to. I'll post what type of discounts I can get this afternoon for anyone who cares.

Scott

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
sjohns6 said:
Think I'll head up to Leesburg Honda during lunch for my first test drive. :2:

Great day for it to. I'll post what type of discounts I can get this afternoon for anyone who cares.

Scott
A glorious day for a test drive or anything else!!! I'm curious about how anxious Leesburg Honda will be to deal.

Hope you're prepared to take an extended lunch hour!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
PaulV7 said:
Alright who let folrida_guy in here again. Man is no where safe?
:2: :D
I've lived with that problem my entire life. Where ever I go there I am. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, got my test drive in and it was wonderful.

Only problem that I found was the seats where a little stiff. Guess it's just that nice leather caressing my butt cheeks!

The dealer had only silver on the lot and about 4 other silvers coming in. They would only offer me $500 off list if I would take a silver one off the lot. No deal.

Here's what I want. A black, red or sandstone EX with DVD. I'm holding out until I find what I want!

Can anybody help me?

Scott

·
Registered
283 Posts
I wanted a Sage one bad and wouldn't take any other color. I went to Honda's website and looked up dealers in the area and started calling. Found the one I wanted and went and picked it up.

The leather on the seats is stiff. I have heard they made it thicker than most leather seats to stand up to more punishment. (I can only imagine the picture Kemo will post for that) Once you get your a$$ groove worked into the seat it is super comfy.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
PaulV7 said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

The leather on the seats is stiff. I have heard they made it thicker than most leather seats to stand up to more punishment. (I can only imagine the picture Kemo will post for that)

[ S N I P P E D ]

....the seat stands up to more punishment if the leather is removed... :eek: :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:

....the seat stands up to more punishment if the leather is removed... :eek: :eek:
Kemosabe, I just knew you wouldn't em-BARE-ASS yourself by failing to post an appropriate picture!:bootyshak

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Ziploc said:

Kemosabe, I just knew you wouldn't em-BARE-ASS yourself by failing to post an appropriate picture!:bootyshak
Oh Ziploc!! That was a good one!!!!! I love it!!! :6: Leave it to a tech editor... :4: :7:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts