Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Pilot EX-L 4wd
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After sleeping for ~20 nights on my old setup I decided I wanted something more permanent. I’m tired, 3 double IPAs in and a little stoned. Here some pics. If anyone is interested I could give a run down. Peace, y’all!!

ps: it woulda been really cool if anything in the interior on this pilot was symmetrical...

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,199 Posts
Wife still won't let you in, eh?

Just tell her you're

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Here's what the back of my Pilot looked like when I was in the doghouse. :)

I have something much simpler and ad hoc, but it's comfy and quick, a pared down version of my '70s Dodge camping van of yore, featured in my signature. Bottom layer is thin spring mattress glommed from a hide-a-bed, and on top of that is a futon. Neither one alone was cushy enough for my old bones, but together it's the Goldilocks zone. Perfect for overnight trips, short camping or just nap heaven when you're on the road. Fits two; that is, when the dog isn't usurping it.

Seriously, nice build, OP. Love to see process pics. (y)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice design!

I find that the biggest weakness to Pilot sleeping is heat loss through the floor. I use a blanket underneath my foam pad, but you've got room for some rigid foam under the main sheet. That would help on chilly nights.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
NICE!

That looks like it folds to thirds, and will even fit behind the third row up seats?

Either way, outstanding work.

Even on my Quad Cab truck, when the gate in the bed is up, it's only about 5'2".
I know it's at least 6 ft b/c I recently had a 6ft &1/2" fish tank in the back of my Gen 1 with the rear door close easily.

Outstanding work, standing Ovation!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Even on my Quad Cab truck, when the gate in the bed is up, it's only about 5'2".
I know it's at least 6 ft b/c I recently had a 6ft &1/2" fish tank in the back of my Gen 1 with the rear door close easily
Nice project to consider for the Pilot because you never know when you’re in the dog house over something trivial like forgetting a birthday or anniversary etc

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
3 double IPAs in and a little stoned.
Awesome!

I even brew my own beer, often versions of Quad hopped Double IPA's. And Milk Chocolate Stouts too.
I often perform projects whilst drinking beer! I Haven't had THC in my system for about 3 or 4 decades- but I'm all for the responsible uses of Cannabis.

·
Registered
2003 Pilot EX-L 4wd
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome!

I even brew my own beer, often versions of Quad hopped Double IPA's. And Milk Chocolate Stouts too.
I often perform projects whilst drinking beer! I Haven't had THC in my system for about 3 or 4 decades- but I'm all for the responsible uses of Cannabis.
Hell yeah!
It doesn’t fold up, and I already removed the 2nd and 3rd row seats. Storage underneath for six 28qt storage bins and the trap door provides access to the storage area that’s built in to the pilot. Thanks for the kind words! I’m 6’1 and the pilot fits me about perfect. My wife is a foot shorter so obvsly she’s comfortable.

·
Registered
2013 honda pilot EXL
40 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
After sleeping for ~20 nights on my old setup I decided I wanted something more permanent. I’m tired, 3 double IPAs in and a little stoned. Here some pics. If anyone is interested I could give a run down. Peace, y’all!!

ps: it woulda been really cool if anything in the interior on this pilot was symmetrical... View attachment 145656
View attachment 145657
View attachment 145658
View attachment 145659
View attachment 145660
What's an IPA ... brand of booze? Nice work on the bed!
We got one of these. You can flip it over and put it on the second row seat and sleep on it. Very comfy. No, no, the mattress! The mattress!

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
I've often though about getting one of those. How does it actually feel?

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
733 Posts
Awesome!

IPA’s are my GO To BREW!! Cool that u make your own 😁👍👍. Seriously considered it but knew I would end up 250+ pounds!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts