Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing a serious case of PWS, Pilot Withdrawl Syndrome. :rolleyes:

I took mine into the dealer yesterday to have the accessories (see list below) installed, plus have a large scratch repaired from B4 it was delivered, as well as repair my steering wheel which doesn't lock.

All-in-all, I am stuck driving a Civic (on the dealer's dime) until Thursday. The long service is due to the scratch requiring a full paint treatment at the body shop!

I've seen several Pilots, including an SS EX-L just like mine since yesterday, and it just makes me miss it even more.

I'd be curious as to how long have others had to be seperated from the one they loved ;) (their Pilot, that is), ;) and how did they cope?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Awww... Toytalker... I feel for ya, buddy!
It'll be over soon. At least you HAVE a loaner and it's a Honda. :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
My Separation Anxiety!

In December, I had to put my PILOT into the paint and body shop after a giant piece of copper piping slammed into the right side, scratching the paint and gouging the metal on the front fender and passenger front door. I also had the passenger side mirror torn off the door as well.

My PILOT spent one day in the shop having the mirror replaced. I drove a new Honda Accord around - thanks to the fine folks at Ralph Schomp Honda in Littleton, Colorado.

Then, I had to put my PILOT into the shop on December 16th to have the rest of the paint and body work done and because of a problem with the "paint recipe" - I didn't get my PILOT back until December 23rd. For those days I drove around a P-O-S Dodge Neon. That car was crap! Being without my PILOT was a gut-wrencher!!!!!!

The guys at Centennial Collision in Littleton, CO did an awesome job on my PILOT - thanks again guys!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: My Separation Anxiety!

PILOTinginCO said:
In December, I had to put my PILOT into the paint and body shop after a giant piece of copper piping slammed into the right side, scratching the paint and gouging the metal on the front fender and passenger front door. I also had the passenger side mirror torn off the door as well.
OUCH! I will count my blessings! Glad to hear it all worked out for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Pilot was hit in the parking lot where I work by a full size pick up on Christmas Eve. I was in line waiting behind three other cars that were looking for a parking space. I watched this person walk past my car, get into the pickup and back right out of the parking spot without even looking. In addition to being a full size pickup the vehicle also had a large trailer hitch. Needless to say my Pilot suffered some serious damage on the passenger side to the tune of $1800.00!!! I was lucky enough to get it into a body shop that day and had it back in a week. Sure glad I had rental car coverage on my insurance. The worst part was not being able to take my new Pilot home to Chicago for Christmas and show it off to my very jealous brothers!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOOOOOHOOOOO! I get back tonight

I just got the call from the dealer. Pilot is ready tonight for pick-up one day ahead of schedule!

:2:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I had to drive a 2 door Civic for whole 5 days when I was having the hood on my Pilot repaired. I thought it was ridiculous that they had me drive a Civic for a Pilot, especially when it was the damn dealer which had damaged my hood.

I asked them if they can acquisition an Accord or a CR-V and they said that Civics are what they use for loaners. I'll tell you one thing, the Civic took corners at highspeeds much, much better than the Pilot ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love Edmonton!

Hey RipRock... just read your post and saw you are from Edmonton. I work for someone you may have heard of... Todd McFarlane.

I've been to Edmonton and love the city. I was there for Gretzky's retirement in 1999.

Anyway, I agree with you on the ridiculousness of having to drive a Civic for a Pilot.... but what can you do!

Drive well....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I feel your pain.

On Monday I took my beloved Pilot into the dealership to add accessories (fog lights, wood interior trim, heated leather seats), and they gave me a Dodge Neon to tool around in. Flaming Bright Orange no less.

Monday around these parts called home it rained non-stop and changed into snow overnight -- thus leaving ice and snow coated roads. Imagine my horror Tuesday morning as I took myself to work in that soup can of four-banger Dodge and couldn't make it up a small hill due to the weather conditions. Pitiful really. And all I could think about was how snuggly and powerfully my Pilot gone up that hill without any hesitation.

All is once again well in my world though, as I got it back last night. Only two days gone, but it seemed much longer.

Another proud Sagebrush Pearl owner

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: I love Edmonton!

toytalker said:
Hey RipRock... just read your post and saw you are from Edmonton. I work for someone you may have heard of... Todd McFarlane.
OMG!!! That's unbelievable!! Does he keep that baseball in his office? :D I think our Oilers jersey is the coolest looking jersey in the NHL, btw.

I've been to Edmonton and love the city. I was there for Gretzky's retirement in 1999.
Wow, that's pretty darn cool, man! I do love this city. I think it's a nice place to raise your children. But it's not exactly a hotbed of the tech field, I'm thinking of moving in a few years time.

Anyway, I agree with you on the ridiculousness of having to drive a Civic for a Pilot.... but what can you do!
Drive well....
Thanks man, and you too.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
AuroraMor said:
I feel your pain.

On Monday I took my beloved Pilot into the dealership to add accessories (fog lights, wood interior trim, heated leather seats), and they gave me a Dodge Neon to tool around in. Flaming Bright Orange no less.

Monday around these parts called home it rained non-stop and changed into snow overnight -- thus leaving ice and snow coated roads. Imagine my horror Tuesday morning as I took myself to work in that soup can of four-banger Dodge and couldn't make it up a small hill due to the weather conditions. Pitiful really. And all I could think about was how snuggly and powerfully my Pilot gone up that hill without any hesitation.

All is once again well in my world though, as I got it back last night. Only two days gone, but it seemed much longer.

Another proud Sagebrush Pearl owner

Hey AuroraMor...

What color wood trim did you go with on your Sagebrush?

Be sure to post your Pilot info here when you get a chance...
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=921

Welcome!!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Civic--Not Bad, Just Different

While some of you may not have been thrilled with a Civic loaner for your Pilot, RipRock's comment that the "Civic took corners at high speeds much, much, better than the Pilot" hints that the Civic has its own rewards.

As the owner of a Pilot and a '98 Civic EX, I have ample opportunity to drive both cars---and enjoy driving both. The driving experience is different....a compact car is not an SUV. But I in no way feel compromised when I take the Civic out. I enjoy what the Civic does well....corners admirably, handles nimbly in most every situation, provides responsive steering and road feel, and dependably gets me where I want to go for a minimum of gas while providing most every "creature comfort" I want. Not to mention a moonroof. :D
The Accord? A slightly larger Civic EX.

I, too, love my Pilot, but....gee, folks, settling for a Civic while your Pilot's away ain't so bad!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts