Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my Pilot (which I absilutely love) a month. It rained the other day and I hit a series of dirt road gouges from rain runoff too fast. I hit bottom in the front and tore off the front plastic underbottom protector in the front under and behind the bumper. (excuse my non-technical description)

I live on dirt roads and am contantly driving up and down sandy and washboard terrain. My dealer does not have the part in stock. Does anyone have an idea on where I might get this part, and preferably not pay dealer prices. I am told that this part is not essential but since I live on dirt roads, it might be better to have to keep my enigine cleaner. Any thoughts? Are parts scarce since this is a new vehicle?

My lesson in this-- I can't drive this vehicle like my husband's raised 4 Runner. Even though it is higher than my previous van, I still have to baby it on my dirt roads! The good news is that it drives allot nicer than his Toyota on dirt.:cool:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap. :(
Have you checked with Tim @ www.hondacuraworld.com for that part?
How fast were you going and how deep was the wash-out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mishap

No I did not try them. I was going about 25 MPH and the water accumulated below the bump hid the fact that the water had dredged out a huge hole-- and I hit it straight on.

Will try to look hondaacuraowrld for the part. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
698 Posts
lcullinane said:
I've only had my Pilot (which I absilutely love) a month. It rained the other day and I hit a series of dirt road gouges from rain runoff too fast. I hit bottom in the front and tore off the front plastic underbottom protector in the front under and behind the bumper. (excuse my non-technical description)
Ouch. I live in Arizona I think I might learn from your lesson and slow it down a bit on some of these roads.

Let us know how you make out with this, will you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts