Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 10 days ago, I started having starting problems with my Pilot. There was always plenty of battery power. Sometimes, it would start after a couple of tries. Other times it required pumping the gas. Twice, it would start, but the oil light was flashing. This happened (intermittently) at least once per day for a week. I left the Pilot overnight with the local service dept. The next day they called to say that they had 'hooked' it up to their diagnostics and found the battery to be faulty. They replaced the battery and for the past 5 days I have had trouble free starts.

I hope that it remains so. :crazyeye:

·
Registered
657 Posts
I too have had that problem for the past 4 or 5 days. In the past on my previous odyssey's they have told me to turn the key to on position for 5 seconds and then to start. Something to the effect of it depending on what position the valves etc. were in when it was turned off. Never bought it back then even though it seemed to work. Let me know if the new battery continues to give you trouble free starting.:bonk: :bangh:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
bcgal, great to hear that your dealer was able to diagnose and fix the problem right away for you. Must be a nice feeling. Happy riding!

·
Registered
13 Posts
This used to happen to me when i got my Pilot last nov. To correct this issue, Dont get in and start right away. Turn the key to the 2 key position (key position before you start) and wait for 15-30 seconds before you start your pilot. It will start right up. I got this tip from a message that was posted last winter.

·
Registered
657 Posts
omgjsc said:
This used to happen to me when i got my Pilot last nov. To correct this issue, Dont get in and start right away. Turn the key to the 2 key position (key position before you start) and wait for 15-30 seconds before you start your pilot. It will start right up. I got this tip from a message that was posted last winter.

I've heard this before and it was suggested from the dealer on my last two odyssey's. I found for the little it actually had trouble, don't bother doing it. Since when is starting a Honda the equivilent to starting a diesel? Honda has known for this for over 3 years now. Fix It!!!! Listen to me Honda... FIX IT !!!:eek: :eek: :twak:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Cool. Yet another explanation to add to the long list of Honda dealer explanations of the hard starting. Position of the valves! What a lot of smoke.

·
Registered
991 Posts
no kidding, I have heard nothing back from Honda regarding this issue. Even though my Pilot is starting better, it still seems to have some trouble.

One other issue is this darn AC pully. Anyone else out there have the clunk noise when you first start up your pilot with the AC or FULL AUTO on?

Normally you can hear the AC kick in softly, but when the Pilot is really cold or left sitting for a day or so, the noise is VERY loud.

Have had AC pully replaced but still no fix. My dealer is still looking into the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts