Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...could not do evasive maneuver coz of freeway speed plus other cars around me...and it scraped underneath my engine bays plastic cover (those black plastic skid plates) and some of the plastic rivets came off. i fixed the problem temporarily by tying a black tie straps to secure them to their mounts. will honda fix that problem for me? suppose i go to the dealer and get it fixed will the warranty cover it? or even void it? i guess this is one of the things they should start putting in their pilots. putting a steel (skid) plate instead of that weak plastic plating.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I would think that hitting any debris on the road should either crack the cover or knock it off. If it just popped out plastic rivets I'm inclinded to think they may not have been installed properly to begin with. I would ask for it covered as maintenance first. After all, what are these skid plates for if they are getting knock off by a piece of rubber?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
That is what insurance is for.

Call your agent, get an estimate form Honda.
Then see if Honda will do it for the estimate less the deductable.

That is why I always have $0 deductable on comprehensive.

·
Registered
592 Posts
If you get insurance to pay for it, will that increase you premium ? Just curious.

·
Registered
61 Posts
03pilot said:
If you get insurance to pay for it, will that increase you premium ? Just curious.
Depends on your insurance company. A few years ago I ran over a down tree due to a tropical storm and it tore up my transmission (Thank goodness it was manual). Anyhow, the insurance picked up everthing minus my deductable and my rates didn't go up at all.

Warranty won't cover road hazards!! :3:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Your premium will go up because the insurance co will argue that the tire could have been avoided. In reality, we know that is not the case. Since the claim will be considered a collision claim, it will more than likely raise your premium. The ironic thing is that if you hit a live animal, it counts as a comp claim. Hence, your rates do NOT increase. Kinda sucks :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts