Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 2 kids and the trunk of our 2007 pilot always has things bouncing around. So I purchased the OEM cargo net from eBay. I tried putting it in yesterday and this is where things get odd.

What is this thing and what is it's purpose? I thought cargo nets hang vertically in the back of the vehicle and have a "pocket" that you can put things in. This thing has no pocket or zipper or anything. I'm very confused as this item does not seem to serve the purpose I thought it does.

Does anyone know what this is for? I have attached a picture of said item. I am installing it by putting the bottom two hooks into the chrome hooks in the Pilot and the top two hooks into the pull-out grey hooks. Am I installing it wrong or am I just not understanding it's purpose?

·
Registered
107 Posts
By the wheel wells there are 2 chrome rings that fold into the floor. Pop them up and hooks attach to those. If for some reason you can't find them I'll take pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but maybe I'm not getting my point across properly. I know how to install it, but I just don't understand the purpose of this item. It doesn't have any openings or pockets.

When I install it vertically in the back, it just acts as something that would prevent prevent stuff from falling out the trunk. Is that the intended purpose? It does not open up so I can't put anything inside it.

Maybe I misunderstood it's purpose and the purpose is really just to keep things from falling out...

·
Registered
526 Posts
When I install it vertically in the back, it just acts as something that would prevent prevent stuff from falling out the trunk. Is that the intended purpose? It does not open up so I can't put anything inside it.

Maybe I misunderstood it's purpose and the purpose is really just to keep things from falling out...
Purpose/uses
V V V V V V V V V V

·
Registered
2006 EX-L 4WD Nav
62 Posts
The cargo net that Sha93 is showing is different than the weird one that we have. I have it too -- it cannot be used as those photos show.

I could be wrong, but I THINK it is supposed to be used the way that I have it below. I can loosen the tension of the net using the adjuster string on the bottom right, slide items underneath it, and then tighten it back up to hold everything underneath it in place. It works reasonably well, but I'd still much rather have that other type of netting that has a pocket for items to be placed down into it.
IMG_0540.jpg

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yes, on my '07 I had that net, and that is how it attaches - horizontally to the cargo area floor. Way it's supposed to work, you stuff things you don't want rolling around under it. It never worked very well for me. I.e. it would not keep a watermelon or some bottles.
The net on my 2013 is a vertically mounted 'pocket' type.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts