Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the maximum size rims I can put on my 2006 Pilot? I want to put 16x8 wheels on, not sure what size tires would best fit. Will problems arise if I increase the wheel diameter by an inch?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I’d say the max you could go without a lift is 245/70/16 or if you were going to go 17’s then 245/60/17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
As long as you use the right offset, so it would have to be a lower offset, if it’s a high offset it might rub the inside wheel well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
You probably already have 16 wheels on your 2006 Pilot. So so are you really asking about diameter or width? Or are you asking about tire diameter or tire width?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You probably already have 16 wheels on your 2006 Pilot. So so are you really asking about diameter or width? Or are you asking about tire diameter or tire width?

I want to increase the width by an inch. Yes stock is 16 and I don't want to change that, I just want to give it a more aggressive stance.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
89 Posts
What is the maximum size rims I can put on my 2006 Pilot? I want to put 16x8 wheels on, not sure what size tires would best fit. Will problems arise if I increase the wheel diameter by an inch?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
89 Posts
What is a 9-5? I'm pretty knew to this and still trying to figure out these numbers.
But keep in mind if you go with a 20 inch rims don’t pass 45 which is the height of the tire so for example 255 is the width of the tire the 45 represents the height and the 20 represents the diameter of the rim giving you 255/45/20

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
89 Posts
So did you get a lift? I was told the max rim was 17 or 18.
nope all stock and I originally bought 265/50/20 and it was going to rub on the fender and mud flap because of the height which was 50 so I tried to return but they wanted to charge me a restocking fee and I would have to pay for shipping which would have came out to close to 400$ so I kept them and put them for sale and instead I went with the 255/45/20 and perfect you can do I turns all day no rubbing no problems and it looks tough

1 - 20 of 30 Posts