Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and test drove a Telluride, it’s amazing. If I could only get close to what I paid for my Elite I would switch in a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually don’t regret purchases but man o man that thing sets the bar. Will probably replace my 4 runner with one in a few years and lewve the Pilot to the wife.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Palisade looks pretty nice too, I love the dual blind spot cameras. I have that in the Accord and definitely miss it on the Pilot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I will admit the Telluride looks nice. That said, I'm just not sure that it will deliver +- 200K miles like my other Hondas have.

Reactions: ys1219

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I will admit the Telluride looks nice. That said, I'm just not sure that it will deliver +- 200K miles like my other Hondas have.
165k on the 2008 Sonata... multiple other Hyundais in the family with over 100k. Combined on all of the vehicles we've had a pulley go bad and an A/C compressor. Wouldn't hesitate to buy a Hyundai again, in fact it would be at the top of the list.

I drove a Palisade for one of the gift card promotions. MIGHTY IMPRESSED. Let's see how everyone else reacts because the dealers still can't keep them on the lot around me.

Now bring on the Hyundai/Kia haters, they always pop up to say how they hate them for their reputation 30 years ago...

·
Registered
105 Posts
165k on the 2008 Sonata... multiple other Hyundais in the family with over 100k. Combined on all of the vehicles we've had a pulley go bad and an A/C compressor. Wouldn't hesitate to buy a Hyundai again, in fact it would be at the top of the list.

I drove a Palisade for one of the gift card promotions. MIGHTY IMPRESSED. Let's see how everyone else reacts because the dealers still can't keep them on the lot around me.

Now bring on the Hyundai/Kia haters, they always pop up to say how they hate them for their reputation 30 years ago...
I test drove a Telluride and was very happy with it. However, I ended up buying a used 2016 EX-L AWD Pilot instead, simply due to budgetary concerns. I wish dealers would stop trying to make so much profit off of trade ins- there's really no reason to have to make $5k on every transaction like they try to do.
I would have gone with the Telluride and paid the additional monthly payment, but the dealer told me that they are selling so fast they can't keep them on the lot and in fact, that particular dealer had 3 of them on the lot, and all 3 of them had stupid things like wheels and window etching bringing the price to $3k+ over MSRP for all 3 of them on the lot. He would not negotiate any kind of negotiated price. In fact, he threw out that because KIA is beginning to realize how much of a hit the Telluride is, they're contemplating going with a price increase for next year.

I'm bummed, because I really would have loved to have gotten that Telluride that night. I do like my Pilot - but it has a lot of things wrong with it like the transmission has the rubber band effect when accelerating and I've had some small damage like a back-up camera to replace due to the previous owner, front-end alignment, and the brake rotors are warped horribly. I would have loved to have just gotten a new car and not been dealing with all this nonsense.

I hope KIA enjoys the success of the Telluride - it really is a nice vehicle.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Reactions: ls973800

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
And its still a Kia.
It's fine, there are many people like you who base most of their decisions on things that happened 25-30 years ago for cars. These are my second biggest investment, call me crazy but I prefer to base my decisions on more recent history with each manufacturer as well as friends and family and their experiences.

It's funny, you remind me of a coworker... "We have never bought anything but Fords for the last 30 years, we've only had to replace 3 transmissions and 2 engines and a rusted frame and..."

At the end of the day, I truly believe real "duds" don't exist like they used to, so hopefully what you purchase does great for you and what I purchase does great for me, clearly we will use different decision making processes to get to said vehicles.

Good luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm surprised this topic is quiet. Vehicle choices reflect one's intelligence. Guess none of us wants to make a real comment and yelled by idiots.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I'm surprised this topic is quiet. Vehicle choices reflect one's intelligence. Guess none of us wants to make a real comment and yelled by idiots.
You must have missed it, one of these came up a couple months ago that got pretty hot. As you can tell from my signature I have bounced all over the automotive landscape, if you knew my immediate family's vehicles it covers most I haven't had. I tend to be a little more open than others because of this but there are plenty of "Honda", "Toyota", "Chevy", "Mopar" only people out there for whatever reason. I think the most idiotic thing you can do is narrow down your choices in such vast segments based on family history and brand allegiance. We aren't talking about Ferrari vs. Lamborghini here, or even Mustang vs. Camaro as more price appropriate passionate fanbases.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Vehicle choices reflect one's intelligence - well, maybe to some degree, but I think it goes much deeper than that. There are so many factors involved; some may be high on my list of priorities, but not at all for someone else. Keeping the vehicle for 10 years or only 3? Service department with a good reputation? I would have seriously considered an Acura MDX, but there are zero Acura dealers in WV. I've had 2 Audis & have little confidence in my local Audi service dept. I like the Highlander, but had to go with the Limited w/Platinum package to get my must haves. Your choice of vehicle is your decision & I am not going to criticize you for it.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
And its still a Kia.
And it's 2020 not 1995...
Who remembers when Made in Japan meant...?

Our kids will be having this debate over Made in Korea vs. Made in China.

Our grandkids will be having this debate over Made in China vs. Made in India.

Further down the line, the debate will be Made off the shoulder of Orion vs. Made near the Tannhäuser Gate.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That is an interesting opinion.

That aside, doesn't really seem like this thread is all that quiet as there are posts being added to it.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
That is an interesting opinion.

That aside, doesn't really seem like this thread is all that quiet as there are posts being added to it.
It was bound to happen! We just can't stand not having a good, logical, based in fact debate!

Maybe try a Fiat or a Land Rover.
Of course you chime in with the two brands I can't really argue with. If I state that they aren't as bad as they used to be does that count? You sir, are a good hair splitter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts