Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we on this board are too vocal about the problems. Yes I we all have "minor" problems but I don't think there is any car out there which does not have "minor" problems :p

I still belive as I believed when I ordered my Pilot that it is the best SUV out there for < $35K. I love my Pilot and will not change it for anything else ( in the same price range :D )

My way of showing support to my pilot (not to Honda customer service or the honda dealers ) :2: :2:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I totally agree. I have had minor problems, but there is not a vehicle made which is 100% perfect.
I think back to other purchase when I had to go back to my chevy dealer many, many times.

I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY PILOT.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Vocal...yes

Too vocal... nah. That's what we're all here for. :cool:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Some points may be nic picky, but thats what this forum is all about...Lots of us do have problems, some minor and some major. I like this forum because of guidance, and problem solving.

Being to vocal is all part of it..

rob

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
ramirami said:
I think we on this board are too vocal about the problems. Yes I we all have "minor" problems but I don't think there is any car out there which does not have "minor" problems :p

I still belive as I believed when I ordered my Pilot that it is the best SUV out there for < $35K. I love my Pilot and will not change it for anything else ( in the same price range :D )

My way of showing support to my pilot (not to Honda customer service or the honda dealers ) :2: :2:
I agree! My husband and I LOVE our Pilot and have enjoyed driving it nearly 3000 miles thus far. :7:

A certain percentage of any vehicle make will have some problems. I think a board like this is a great way to compare notes and hopefully identify solutions. BUT, I'm also concerned that the casual browser looking through the board could get the wrong idea. To them, I want to say, MOST OF US LOVE THE PILOT and WOULD MAKE THE SAME CHOICE IN VEHICLES AGAIN. And remember, that some of us who do discuss problems are holding the Pilot to a VERY high standard, based on Honda's fine overall reputation and our own personal experience with earlier Honda products.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree with the above. When someone finds the perfect vehicle, let me know. As it stands now, the Pilot is my "perfect" vehicle.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Re: Re: I LOVE my Pilot and will not change it for anything else

Ziploc said:

I agree! My husband and I LOVE our Pilot and have enjoyed driving it nearly 3000 miles thus far.

A certain percentage of any vehicle make will have some problems. I think a board like this is a great way to compare notes and hopefully identify solutions. BUT, I think the casual browser looking through the board could get the wrong idea. To them, I want to say, MOST OF US LOVE THE PILOT and WOULD MAKE THE SAME CHOICE IN VEHICLES AGAIN. And remember, that some of us who do discuss problems are holding the Pilot to a VERY high standard, based on Honda's fine overall reputation and our own personal experience with earlier Honda products.
Your right.. All of us probably have had Honda's before.. I do expect the same quality, resale value as my previous Honda's.

Every car has problems, usually Honda's are minor and that A Ok to me. But if I test drove my first Pilot, and it did not start, I then would have moved on that's for sure. These type of issues are not acceptable to me. Minor rattles and interior finishing are all part of buying a vehicle, no big deal there.. Mistake? No.. But I did learn tons of stuff on this board... Thanks Guys!! and gals!! if it were not for you.. what would I do with my extra time..

rob

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's the same on every board :)

There are usually more complaints than compliments. Forums like these give people a chance to vent their frustrations. But it's nice when people chime in with something good to say too :)

Even after reading through most of the problems posted on this board, I still think the Pilot is one of the best vehicles I've ever purchased. The problems I'm seeing here are minor for the most part. But let me tell you where I'm coming from:

My other daily driver is a '00 VW Passat. I moderate the VW Passat forum on VWVortex.com It's the same there, mostly complaints, very few compliments. But the problems with the Passat are things like oil leaks, bad control arms, coil packs, failed emissions components, oil pumps, faulty electronics, you name it! I've spent over $3000 in out-of-warranty repairs on my Passat and it only has 40k miles! And like here, you get people who think there are too many whiners and complainers. It's the same everywhere, and even worse!

We traded in my wife's '99 Jetta for the Pilot (don't get me started on the Jetta).

..Alpha

·
Registered
518 Posts
I tend to agree that there is too much whining and people have way too much spare time on this site. I also own a Toyota Tundra Access Cab and regularly look at their web site. The Tundra Solutions site has over 15,000 members. The information on that site is much more informative and helpful to me as a Tundra owner than this Honda Pilot site. My time is more important to me than wasting it on reading issues such as; favorite color, how much did I pay, would I pay, did you pay, or would like to pay. I've never paid MSRP for any vehicle we have owned. If you can't negotiate a deal below MSRP you probably should stick to public transportation. The next thing you will want to know is how much people earn. I don't think this is the proper forum for such topics.

Too many threads start out dealing with a specific problem and what steps people are taking to resolve the problem. That is great. However, someone interjects something completely off the subject and totally meaningless and 20 other comments address the meaningless issue.

I have one minor problem with my Pilot ... a slight vibration that comes and goes. That was a hot item in the recent past. Haven't seen anything lately. Has that problem been solved and just not discussed on this site? Sorry to have gotten on my soapbox, but I guess we are all entitled to our opinions.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Again, this is what it is all about.. There is TONS of helpful info here! I guess the solution to you is not visit these types of sites, or don't take part in them..

:D

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
GOT ME

WOW! You are right. How about how many times a week you have sex? If not, I'm sure it won't be long in comming. No pun intended.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Well said nighthawk. It's the nature of the beast on this site. We seem to be a friendly group. I for one, appreciate the non-tech problem free nonsense talk once in awhile. Whether in the middle of a thread or in the humor forum, doesn't matter. And "threaddrift" happens on all sites like this. That's the normal flow of a conversation.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: GOT ME

david combs said:
WOW! You are right. How about how many times a week you have sex? If not, I'm sure it won't be long in comming. No pun intended.
gopilot...

You go first... waiting... :2:

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
as usual on a depressing day (more layoff announced) and its gonna snow....this site puts a smile on my face :D

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Me, too :)

ramirami said:
as usual on a depressing day (more layoff announced) and its gonna snow....this site puts a smile on my face :D
This board has also brought a smile to me on many occasions. I think of it like someone suggested elsewhere in this thread.....a friendly gathering of fellow Pilot owners at a picnic. We all have something in common that we're very interested in and want to talk about. But we get into other stuff, too, and don't mind a laugh every now and then!

But I respect Mr. Comb's viewpoint and I'm sure there are others who share it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts