Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

I just wanted to add side cameras

792 7
Just installed Akeeyo 4 channel camera. Front, rear and both side cameras. I really just wanted to add side cameras. So far so good. I still need to clean up the wiring and connect the turn signal override.
  • Helpful
Reactions: Lucky Jack
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
With Garmin cams, video saved to the cloud can be remotely viewed after uploaded, if that helps. Seems Garmin cams might be the most reliable.

Rove (NOT ROAV) makes cams that can be live viewed over Bluetooth, Garmin may also. I'd go with Garmin first.

I have a Rove, would never again buy a ROAV (different spelling) and a few others sent back to Amazon as they are complete garbage.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With Garmin cams, video saved to the cloud can be remotely viewed after uploaded, if that helps. Seems Garmin cams might be the most reliable.

Rove (NOT ROAV) makes cams that can be live viewed over Bluetooth, Garmin may also. I'd go with Garmin first.

I have a Rove, would never again buy a ROAV (different spelling) and a few others sent back to Amazon as they are complete garbage.
I May have to look into the garmin which can be saved on the cloud.

I have a ROVE and love it.

· Registered
292 Posts
I am in the process of moving from a 2017 EX-L to 2023 Trailsport to get the off-road capabilites. Otherwise, I would keep the 2017 for another 5 years. I have the Lanewatch camera which was discontinued in 2019 and I really depend on it. I think that I will get the camera below and install it with full-time power with a convenient switch and place the camera inside my passenger side window in the rear. Should cover the bind spot nicely. The backup lines can be removed.

Will probably mount the monitor on the right side of the rearview mirror.

Camera for side view/blind spot

· Registered
292 Posts
hat Rhoent brand rear cam looks like a good deal especially $44.99.
I see above that you have a separate Dashcam. I will be installing the Viofo A229 front/rear dashcam for recording only. Just for safety, not for real-time viewing. After watching some youtube dashcam videos, I was amazed at the amount of lying after accidents and changing the story later. The videos also convnced me just to stay away from other drivers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts