Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to have a 2019 Acura MDX Advance and it was really quiet compared to my 2020 ex-l. I ordered these and placed them in the wheel wells and on the roof, the roof made the biggest difference. I did not remove the entire head liner, I removed the lights (pop the caps off and remove the two bolts), the handles on the roof, then pry the roof liner from the edge of the door after removing the seals. There is nothing between the roof and the liner, it's straight metal so the wind noise from my cross bars were loud. So I layered the buytl (step 1) then put the closed cell foam (step 2) on to both sides all the way up to the sunroof and notice there isn't a loud drone/echo anymore.

Another mod that I mentioned before is put step 1 in your door panels, if you have a elite/touring or below you can order these foam covers that come with those models. The foam covers will seal the large openings of the door to quiet it down. I paid $90 approx. for all four doors, just look up an elite model door panels.

The next biggest gripe is the engine noise which I've toned down some but still not as quiet as my previous MDX. I think it's because the pilot maybe heavier than the MDX which causes more engine power. I put both steps underneath the hood insulation, the floor boards and run them up as high as I can.

Step 1

Step 2

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was worth the effort because I like working on cars, the amount is not like "Wow" it's a completely different car but is noticeable. I also put this stuff on the wheel wells and inner fenders.

I also bought door seals and put an extra layer around the doors where I don't think the factory seal would make good contact. Would I do it again? Yes. Was it worth the costs of two boxes of step one and a box of step 2 around $100ish eh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts