Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rainbow in my dash radio unit causing a glare. Radio still work. I do not know what do to the correct that. Do I change the whole radio unit or just the glass portion there? What would be the name if I want to buy one.

Thanks Piloteers

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Go snag one at a junk yard.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SnavePilot

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
^^^ What he said. the display unit isn't too tough to swap, maybe a couple hours all in worst case. Look at the WSM guidance on the procedure (copy available for download someplace in this forum...). Follow the warnings on airbag safety along the way.

Reactions: SnavePilot

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Go snag one at a junk yard.
^^^ What he said. the display unit isn't too tough to swap, maybe a couple hours all in worst case.
Given that the OP's 10-year-old display has failed, how long (or much longer) would you expect that used from a junkyard display to continue functioning?
Are you still using a 10-year-old cell phone or an LCD TV or computer monitor of similar age?

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Given that the OP's 10-year-old display has failed, how long (or much longer) would you expect that used from a junkyard display to continue functioning?
Are you still using a 10-year-old cell phone or an LCD TV or computer monitor of similar age?
I have bought salvage yard electronics. A key point would be to make sure the vehicle wasn't flooded or the interior exposed to the elements. A vehicle that just arrived to the salvage yard preferably.
My 2¢

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Yup, I still have my Sony projection TV from 2002 and still working... picture is okay but the sound is excellent compared to any flat screen TVs :p

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
1 post wonder?

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
1 post wonder?
Hopefully not.
I'm sure that after they are done with the upgrades they will post a picture. Maybe something like this.

Reactions: hexenbeist65
1 - 12 of 12 Posts