Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally get to pick up my Pilot tomorrow. It actually came in 3 months early!!!
Redrock Pearl EXL-RES, running boards, fog lights, wood trim, rear back-up sensors, chrome bumper garnish, and clear bra.
Any suggestions for me to look for as I'm inspecting it for delivery?

Unfortunately, I can't pick it up until after work tomorrow, it's going to be a long day.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
WOW!

Welcome JC...
It came in 3 months early ? Do you know how lucky you are?? :4:

As far as what to look for upon inspection... besides the obvious things... I'd at that point just have fun taking delivery. I'm sure that others will disagree with me but when you get it home you're gonna go over it with a fine tooth comb anyway, without a dealer breathin' down your neck. I know there's the issue of the Four Rubber Plugs (search & you'll find) and the tire pressure s/b at 32, some dealers not reducing from transport.
Oh heck - Just have a ball - and...ahem...try to get some work done tomorrow, OK? Now ya gotta pay for it!!! :eek:

So let us know how it goes!! Breathe... that's right... inhale, exhale, inhale... :2:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats JCardona & PDXPilot! Happy to hear about the new addition to your families. Unfortunately, now you've got me kind of depressed with all this talk about being lucky because your Pilot came in 3 months early. My salesman told me that my wait should be about 3 months TOTAL! :confused:

Sage, I'm going to be the first to disagree w/ you about taking delivery and looking for any production problems later. If there are problems it's allot easier to get them fixed before you take delivery.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Congrats you almost PILOT owners! I want to see some VINs for those soon! Enjoy!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Congrats to you both!!

I'm sure you'll both be as happy with your Pilots as we are of ours!! Have a GREAT day and, like Sage pointed out, try to get some work done - it'll make the day go faster!!! :D :5: :2:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Rainbowslim said:
Congrats JCardona & PDXPilot! Happy to hear about the new addition to your families. Unfortunately, now you've got me kind of depressed with all this talk about being lucky because your Pilot came in 3 months early. My salesman told me that my wait should be about 3 months TOTAL! :confused:

Sage, I'm going to be the first to disagree w/ you about taking delivery and looking for any production problems later. If there are problems it's allot easier to get them fixed before you take delivery.
I do agree Rainbowslim... It's just that there's always going to be something else to find later. Didn't mean to say that anyone should not give it a good once over while still at the dealership. We'll start thinking positive for you to get yours early too Rainbow... :29:

PDXPilot... Have a great pick-up day and have a ball! Let's us know how it goes! How exciting! :2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rainbow,
I ordered my pilot on August 1, 2002. I was given an estimated delivery date of February 2003. The dealer I ordered from is the only one in Denver that sells at MSRP.
My total wait has almost been 4 months, but still early!!!!!
Moving from a 2000 4Runner Ltd to the Pilot.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
JCardona said:
Rainbow,
I ordered my pilot on August 1, 2002. I was given an estimated delivery date of February 2003. The dealer I ordered from is the only one in Denver that sells at MSRP.
My total wait has almost been 4 months, but still early!!!!!
Moving from a 2000 4Runner Ltd to the Pilot.
Oh Gees, JC...
When you said 3 months early I thought (as I'm sure Rainbow did too) that you didn't have to wait hardly at all! From August to November is still quite a wait... Ok - so you're not that lucky, except that you didn't have to wait 6 months! But you ARE getting it today so YIPPEE for you! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts