Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been said in the forum that a member actually likes his Exploder more than the Pilot!! Well, I was just given one while they take care of the "scrunch" on my Pilot and let me tell you....it's a real piece of.......work. Everything about the way this vehicle feels is bad. The motor is loud, the controls are very chinsey(sp?). The winshield is just wide and tall enough to see on coming cars....horrible visibility. Ride is harsh and I don't think Ford has heard about ergonomics yet. It's totally amazing that this vehicle is in the same price class as the Pilot. I was just affirmed about what I always believed.....Honda DOES make superior vehicles, with unmatched engineering for vehicles in the same price class. By the way, this was a new design for the Explorer, so I guess they'll need to go back to the drawing board.....better luck next time Ford.:28:

If Honda quit making cars and all that was left was Fords....I'd walk:D

Chet

·
Registered
307 Posts
How are they "taking care of the scrunch"?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scrunch

They will be letting me know today or tomorrow, possibly replacing the weather stripping. I've already said good bye to the forum, but I will,(as promised) post any solutions to the vibration and scrunch that they come up with.

Chet

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Scrunch

Chettie said:
They will be letting me know today or tomorrow, possibly replacing the weather stripping. I've already said good bye to the forum, but I will,(as promised) post any solutions to the vibration and scrunch that they come up with.

Chet
AH HA!! I knew you couldn't leave that easily! Stick around, will ya? You have alot of good info to share. ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!:D :D :D

Our IT Tech drives a new Ford Exploder as a company vehicle and it is plain nasty! I've driven it a few times to haul (inside, not towing) items to our storage unit and it drives like complete crap. The interior is just sad, cheap and not pleasing to the touch or the eye.

My parents-in-law have an Exploder Eddie Bauer and that thing is a junk heap. The ride is rough and there are more noises in it than I want to remember right now.:p

When it comes to build quality, reliabilty and driver/owner focus, Ford is the last to come to my mind.;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I own a 2000 Explorer and have a Pilot on order(since 7-9).
I have only driven a Pilot a few times, but enough to know there is no comparison between the two. The Pilot handles like an accord, the explorer like a truck. I don't dislike the explorer but it is not comparible to the Super Pilot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts