Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some stuff for the Pilot,at the time I wasn't thinking what I should get because somethings can't go on the car together.I ordered a front low trim,a wind deflector,a full nose mask(bra). a set of crossbars and a set of gold emblems.After unpacked the packages,I started with the crossbars first,it took me a while to install them because I couldn't take off the covers at the ends of the long crossbars but I did it after all.Then I started putting on the bra,it fits perfectly and looks very cool.But with the bra on,I can't not install the wind deflector or the low trim.Only one and only.I could install the lowtrim and also have the wind deflector installed.Those 2 can go together but not with the Bra.So I hope you guys don't make the same mistake.If you decided to get the bra,you should not get the others.Now I have to leave the bra on until it get old or worn out.then I'd take em off and install the others.
Has any of you installed the Emblems?I'd like to put the gold on but seems like it's not easy,I don't want to mess it up.If someone has done it please show me how.Thanks.

·
Registered
509 Posts
baoloclamdong said:
Has any of you installed the Emblems?I'd like to put the gold on but seems like it's not easy,I don't want to mess it up.If someone has done it please show me how.Thanks.
Here is a link to the installation instructions for the Gold Emblem Kit:

http://www.handaaccessories.com/pilot/goldemblem.pdf

Holy crap! You're right, it does look really involved. Much more difficult than it was on my Accord. Looks like you've got to take practially the whole front, including bumper off and most of the rear hatch to get at the emblems.

I don't think it will probably be that bad, just a lot of steps to go through, but the actual emblem replacement part of the process should be pretty simple. On the Accord, for the adhesive ones on the back, it suggesting using a piece of string to "saw" or cut through the adhesive on the old emblems. Of course I didn't have any around, so I used dental floss! Kept breaking every once in a while, but it got the job done eventually! Also, before I removed the old emblems, I lightly masked off the area around the old emblem with some masking tape (LIGHTLY!). Then it was simple to align the new emblem. Hope any of this helps...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Baoloclamdong, if I were you I would sell and post the items you do NOT need under the classifieds in this forum.

:12:

·
Registered
592 Posts
No wonder, Tim has such loyal customers !

Doesn't surprise us at all. This is what we have come to expect of Tim. He has raised the bar for 'service'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts