Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone- I wanted some new rims on my pilot but wanted to keep it somewhat stock looking. After seeing the other thread on the 2020 MDX Advance rims I decided to go that route.

I was able to go with a slightly wider 265/45R20 too with no issues so far. They’re wrapped in Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S plus 2. No issues with them so far

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Hey everyone- I wanted some new rims on my pilot but wanted to keep it somewhat stock looking. After seeing the other thread on the 2020 MDX Advance rims I decided to go that route.

I was able to go with a slightly wider 265/45R20 too with no issues so far. They’re wrapped in Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S plus 2. No issues with them so far
Looks nice!
Do you know if your plus or minus on the speedometer?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks nice!
Do you know if your plus or minus on the speedometer?
It’s a slight plus. The difference is an additional .5%. Not a huge difference when driving but will add an additional 5 miles for every thousand driven.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
It’s a slight plus. The difference is an additional .5%. Not a huge difference when driving but will add an additional 5 miles for every thousand driven.
Not bad at all.
Wider on Pirellis should help with stability. Something this vehicle needs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Damn.... looks good.

Making me think about making changes on mine.

Im torn between the preference for more tire but the driving characteristics of the low profile.

How much did you get for the stock rims?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha good choice! You just aked me about my set up! What TPMs are you using?
I was confused on the tire size at first and wanted to confirm the 265s fit that rim :)

I used the stock TPMS from my original rims. Most shops quoted them as being around $30-40 for new sensors. I wanted the old ones removed regardless as I wanted to make at least one my full size spare.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn.... looks good.

Making me think about making changes on mine.

Im torn between the preference for more tire but the driving characteristics of the low profile.

How much did you get for the stock rims?
I haven’t tried selling them yet. I kept two with tires for full size spares, thinking one would fit inside my wife’s van but it won’t.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I like it!

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
They’re wrapped in Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S plus 2.
Good for you for not getting cheap, no-name tires with your new wheels.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
6,131 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,144 Posts

·
Registered
6,131 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
What about Milestar, Nankang, Laufenn?
Laufenn is a secondary brand of Hankook.
Honda, among other automakers, uses Hankook as an OEM supplier, so those might be OK.
TireRack test results are not exactly spectacular, however.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=227

As for Nankang/Milestar, maybe if TireRack decides to sell them - but only if I was so broke that I couldn't even afford to buy Sumitomo tires.
If I were in a financial crunch..., For a 2003 EX, These Otani tires are a steal for this price.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts