Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an 03 w/ 125k miles for 1600$

just lifted 2front 2.5rear/Kyb suspension and moog redone suspension and camber kit and 2inch wheel spacers ... surprised how cheap everything is... I do want to repaint and fix torn passenger seat... besides that I’m happy with the car...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,554 Posts

just lifted 2front 2.5rear/Kyb suspension and moog redone suspension and camber kit and 2inch wheel spacers ... surprised how cheap everything is... I do want to repaint and fix torn passenger seat... besides that I’m happy with the car...
Pilot looks awesome!

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,189 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your Pilot.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
349 Posts

just lifted 2front 2.5rear/Kyb suspension and moog redone suspension and camber kit and 2inch wheel spacers ... surprised how cheap everything is... I do want to repaint and fix torn passenger seat... besides that I’m happy with the car... View attachment 142400
Is that an armordillo bull bar?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Is that an armordillo bull bar?
I don't know, but that's a genuine AVS Bugflector II, the most elegantly sculpted hood deflector you can get for a 1st gen Pilot. (y)

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
10,323 Posts

·
Registered
10,323 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot EX - Sagebrush Green, Fabric Upholstery
15 Posts
As an owner of a 2005 with 177k, I am interested in the source of this graph. I have read about the strawberry milkshake, but was unaware of the propensity for '05s to experience this. Any warning signs, or is it sudden and (un)expected failure?

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
The source is from a member of this forum, whose name I forgot but who deserves the credit.

Look for some discoloration near the bottom of the radiator or a corroding washer where the ATF hose connects down there. There might also be a smell of coolant.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
As an owner of a 2005 with 177k, I am interested in the source of this graph. I have read about the strawberry milkshake, but was unaware of the propensity for '05s to experience this. Any warning signs, or is it sudden and (un)expected failure?
Overall radiator / trans line inspection would show signs of external corrosion but if the vehicle has the OEM radiator I would consider a proactive replacement as there is no warning for the strawberry milkshake. Here’s my ‘04 radiator that had a persistent coolant smell. There was no ATF & coolant mixing but the external trans lines were rusty and ready to fail.
Radiator Metal

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard! The bull bar looks solid.
Don't know about that one, but I've seen those cause damage to the grill when they get bent back when you hit something. Many times. Never owned one myself however.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts

just lifted 2front 2.5rear/Kyb suspension and moog redone suspension and camber kit and 2inch wheel spacers ... surprised how cheap everything is... I do want to repaint and fix torn passenger seat... besides that I’m happy with the car... View attachment 142400
I didn't look up the Book value of an 03 w/ 125K- But it seems like a really good deal to me! Seems worth it!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Don't know about that one, but I've seen those cause damage to the grill when they get bent back when you hit something
Good observation on the potential damage from the largely decorative grill guards. This is especially true for the the big ones that wrap around the grill and headlights. The OP’s bull bar is just slightly above the grill and looks neat. It may have some value in urban parking lots but stronger impacts will overcome the two low mounting points.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts