Link

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well if had the special oxygen free copper cable it would work better:rolleyes:

·
Registered
97 Posts
spouse sez, "it'll go great with your $400 speaker wires. Same tech priciples. LOL. Your head does not care about your electrical. Unless you have a grounding problem, not a good use of $$." so sez the car/electrucal geek.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
sfhondapilot said:
Anyone have experience with this?

Link
Very cool, definetly worth $140, as it will increase you performance twice as much as a $70 Tornado! :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Monster cable for your Pilot?

sfhondapilot said:
OK, there are audiophiles out there who swear by Monster Cable.

Here are a few interesting links that provide some support for HP and ft-lbs improvement.

1992 Eagle Talon

1997 Maximum

Various cars MPG improvement. Unknown HP and ft-lbs improvement

Acura Integra 4hp gain

So, wadda ya think?
:confused:
I think that the links are mostly to sites either selling the product or selling advertising to the product. Either way it is bad business to not make the product look good.

Case in point, there are lots of testimonials about the Tornado also.

These types of tests usually pro-port to show a HP gain down to the 1/10 if a HP from one dynomometer run. Do we know what the variability of HP measurement is between run for an unaltered vehicle?

Without knowing the repeatability of an experiment, the difference between two tests can not be attributed to any particular change.

Some of the cars were already modified. Do we know if the factory wiring was uncompromised. (One test said the car had an engine fire. Were all the factory ground points reestablished for the "before" test?)

As for the pseudo-science of shielded grounds, oxygen-free copper and such. The audio world has fallen for it as fast as the automotive world is, but when you look at the wiring in a laboratory, where precision and repeatability are paramount, no one is shielding grounds, using oxygen-free copper or any of the other pseudo-scientific buzz-words we see in these ads.

Are there auto-tuners that much smarter then real "rocket scientists" and "Brain Surgeons"?

·
Registered
277 Posts
About the only way I can think of an extra ground improving torque/hp/mileage is if you had a bad ground to the coil causing a miss to begin with. I have seen things like this happen on Harleys, but I doubt your Pilot could have this problem.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Maybe oxygen free, shielded monster cables with magnets around it! Yeah!:2:

·
Registered
116 Posts
According to one of the articles from Import Tuner magazine (about 3 months ago or so), Nissan 350Z gained about 2WHP with the hyperground wires.

If you replace the stock ground wires with hyperground wires on an old car, most likely it will have some gain because you basically replace some worn-out wires.

As I've read threads in Prelude forums, you really need to find "exact points" where to connect the hyperground wires. In order to do that, you need a dyno to do "trial and error". It's not practical because dyno time is expensive, $150/hr or more.

Here's a picture of a Prelude that has some ground wires installed by a Japanese. Click here for the link. The connection points are:
1 & 2. Engine head
3. Distributor
4. Throttle body
5. Driver side chassis (steering wheel is on the right side in Japan:D )
6. Passenger side chassis
7. Driver side headlamp
8. Passenger side headlamp
9. Transmission
10. Alternator

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've yet to hear a reason for all these wonderful claims. What's the science behind it? Anyone?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
RSeery said:
I've yet to hear a reason for all these wonderful claims. What's the science behind it? Anyone?
The Psudo-science jumps all over the place.
If you go to the sites that sell this stuff you can find the story.

You know better is better!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Science? Since when did science become the driver of the economy?
I'd be hard pressed to find much more than old fashioned vanity, perceived, intellectual or physical, a good hard-on or something good to eat behind most buying decisions.
Let the man buy the wires if it feels good. We gotta get this economy rolling again.

ciao
mooz
exlss

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wouldnt waste my money on it. If you want to do something like it, just make your own kit for a fraction of the price. Also in my experience the dyno claims of 1-2 hp would be real hard to prove being that there is so many variables in-between runs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Holy Cow! Combine these with Chrome Muffler Bearings and look out :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Be sure to use synthetic Blue Emu Oil on those bearings or you risk damaging the turboencabulator.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts