Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some five-year old students are learning to read.
One of them pointed at a picture in a zoo book and said,
"Look! It's a frickin' elephant!"
The teacher took a deep breath, then asked...."What did you call it?"

"It's a frickin' elephant! It says so on the picture!"

And so it does...

"A f r i c a n Elephant"

Hooked on phonics! Ain't it wonderful?
Now that's funny.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
ok, .........cute joke, but still a joke right??

maybe the Moderators can move this to the correct thread?

thanks in advance

:D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re. humor vs Joke

Originally posted by Tim

Cute joke, but still a joke right??

maybe the Moderators can move this to the correct thread?

thanks in advance

Hello Tim "the other one"
OOPS 'Pardon me a perfectionist, Sorry no offense toward you and thank you for your concern, but this humor article was posted under the games and humor off topics thread section of our forum, because I consider it as a little humor and not a joke, so I thought it was acceptable posted under the appropriate thread.
But anyways I couldn't find the forum with the joke thread section even if it was a joke.

Attention Moderator this is a suggestion
So We Have a Funny New Stoies Thread and a Funny Video Thread sections.
Why not have a Humor Thread section ?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
From Wikipedia

A joke is a short story or ironic depiction of a situation communicated with the intent of being humorous. These jokes will normally have a punchline that will end the sentence to make it humorous.

Humour or humor (see spelling differences) is the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement.

My intent is to simply avoid multiple threads with similar content. With that said, I leave it up to the Mod's to determine.................

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Humor vs Joke

Tim said:
A joke is a short story or ironic depiction of a situation communicated with the intent of being humorous. These jokes will normally have a punchline that will end the sentence to make it humorous.

Humour or humor (see spelling differences) is the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement.

My intent is to simply avoid multiple threads with similar content. With that said, I leave it up to the Mod's to determine.................
Tim "The other one"
Thank you for your definitions of the minimal differences between the two words, But amazing kinda of similar description literally still funny.
In that posted humor article post, that's an explanation not a punch line in that last sentence.
Amazing so much critics and drama over one simple posting, this is entire ridiculous,.
No criticism, but is this how you get so many postings credits points with this annoying nonsense??

Attention Web Site Moderator
Hello Moderator
If you decide that this humor article was not posted in the right appropriateing thread and you want to move this article why not just delete this entire postings, so to just solve this whole dilemma situation.
Thank You

Sorry couldn't resist this,
This Just a little fact
Definition From Wikipedia
QUOTE " A whistleblower is a person who raises a concern about wrongdoing occuring in an organization or body of people, usually this person would be from that same organization. This misconduct may be classified in many ways; for example, a violation of a law, rule, regulation and/or a direct threat to public interest, such as fraud, health/safety violations, and corruption. Whistleblowers may make their allegations internally (for example, to other people within the accused organization) or externally (to regulators, law enforcement agencies, to the media or to groups concerned with the issues).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Re: Re: From Wikipedia

evarsallona said:
""snip""

Sorry couldn't resist this,
This Just a little fact
Definition From Wikipedia
QUOTE " A whistleblower is a person who raises a concern about wrongdoing occuring in an organization or body of people, usually this person would be from that same organization. This misconduct may be classified in many ways; for example, a violation of a law, rule, regulation and/or a direct threat to public interest, such as fraud, health/safety violations, and corruption. Whistleblowers may make their allegations internally (for example, to other people within the accused organization) or externally (to regulators, law enforcement agencies, to the media or to groups concerned with the issues).
Refering to me as a "whistleblower" is admitting that I was correct...........

This is humorous..............(good job)

:2:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Orially posted by Tim
Quotes
"I leave it up to the Moderator's to determine"
and
"Refering to me as a "whistleblower" is admitting that I was correct"

Hello Tim "The other one"
No not yet, according to what you previously mention, QUOTE "I leave it up to the moderator's to determine".
So now it's up to the web site moderator to decide this controversy dispute dilemma.
And that will determine if you were correct then. But so far my original "humor" post hasn’t been moved or delete yet.
So it might mean that it was posted correctly as humor maybe.

Quote ""refering to me as a "whistleblower is admitting that I was correct"

Sorry with no dispespect intended or criticism toward you personally intended. but I couldn't resist refering to you as a "whistleblower". No that's your own opinion that you thought it meant, that you were correct. Just a little fact, . As it just meant that you did called attention to some one, and made an allegation that you may have thought something was done in correct. An allegation doesn’t mean that the allegations was true or that you were correct in your allegations in anyway.

Definition From Wikipedia of a Whistleblowers
QUOTE "Whistleblowers is a person who raises a concern about wrongdoing occuring in an organization or body of people, usually this person would be from that same organization. This misconduct may be classified in many ways; for example, a violation of a law, rule, regulation and/or a direct threat to public interest, such as fraud, health/safety violations, and corruption. Whistleblowers may make their allegations internally (for example, to other people within the accused organization) or externally (to regulators, law enforcement agencies, to the media or to groups concerned with the issues).

Definition From Wikipedia of a allegations
QUOTE "An allegation (also called adduction) is a claim of a fact by a party in a pleading, which the party claims to be able to prove. Allegations remain assertions without proof, until they can be proved".

·
Registered
899 Posts
I love humor - this is going great!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Humor vs Joke

I have came to the conclusion that with your pending silence ether means that you may now think possible that the conflict post could have gone ether way or you just wanted some type of of closure and silencing entered a plea of no contest.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts

evarsallona said:
I have came to the conclusion that with your pending silence ether means that conceive now that you now think concivably possible that the conflict post could have gone ether way or you just wanted some type of of closure and silencing entered a plea of no contest.
........................what?.....................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts