Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife recently got an 04 Pilot and while checking around under the hood I noticed a humming sound. I opened the air box and it got really loud. I've tried to find something on here about it but I haven't found an answer. I wanted to put a cold air intake on it, but with that noise it would be horrible. Any information greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Inspect the air intake tube thoroughly for any cracks. If you really want to try CAI (not recommended mod IMO), take it all off and see if you can isolate the noise source.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's no cracks in the intake tube. I've worked on a lot of different engines and I've never heard anything like it. It's just a constant humming that gets louder and higher pitch with RPM. I can hear it slightly with the hood closed but it's not too bad. I was just wondering if there was something wrong in the plenum/intake or if they all sound like that. I've just never heard anything like it before. If it's normal I'll just leave it alone. But if there's a problem I want to get it fixed. Thanks.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
Definitely look for an air intake tube crack. It may be more or less obvious, sometimes hiding on the underneath or near the hose clamps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts