Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring AWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the Seattle area and was surprised by the difference in parts and service between the Honda dealerships.

I am not indicating a quality of service but the pricing.

I recently called around for the OEM hitch install, included trans cooler, and the difference between three dealers for the same package install was over $500.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,884 Posts
Short answer: whatever they think they can get away with grabbing.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
643 Posts
Do the hitch install yourself and save some cash.

There are plenty of posts with details and instructions.

The tranny cooler you might want to have the dealer install depending on your desire to get frustrated working under the car.

I'm actually going to pick up the cooler this weekend and will have my local dealer do the install in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
I am in the Seattle area and was surprised by the difference in parts and service between the Honda dealerships.
I am not indicating a quality of service but the pricing.
I recently called around for the OEM hitch install, included trans cooler, and the difference between three dealers for the same package install was over $500.
You can check the prices for parts and accessories at local dealers using the Honda e-store site.
The Official Honda Site. Purchase Honda and Acura Genuine Accessories and Parts directly from your local dealer on the eStore.
I've checked it in the past for air filters and found that certain local dealers charge up to double the prices at some other dealers.
The local dealer with the highest prices is also the one whose new vehicles typically have an extra price sticker listing various "mandatory" dealer added options such as undercoating, pinstriping, door edge guards, etc.

·
Registered
2020 Touring AWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do the hitch install yourself and save some cash.

There are plenty of posts with details and instructions.

The tranny cooler you might want to have the dealer install depending on your desire to get frustrated working under the car.

I'm actually going to pick up the cooler this weekend and will have my local dealer do the install in the next few weeks.
I was under the impression with AWD, if unstalling a hitch for towing, a dealer installed hitch was required to not void your warranty coverage on the transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts