Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How's the leather upholstery?

My previous car had leather seats and, in six years, they definitely showed wear. Not horrible but not what I'd have expected. I have a "new" 2018 Touring Pilot and love the look of my tan leather seats but if they'll wear like my Mazda did, I'll probably just cover them to protect/preserve them. Any of you with 2-3-4-year-old leather -- how's it holding up? Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not a single response? Wow....

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Honda leather is pretty tough stuff... it's vinyl coated leather, not bare leather like high end luxury cars (MB Tex is similar and is what Mercedes uses as standard on most models, it's famous for it's longevity).

Do some searching, but generally you will want to use a vinyl/plastic conditioner on these seats rather than a leather conditioner, the detailing forums have many product recommendations that don't make it glossy or greasy.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
My Pilots still too new to gauge any wear but the leather on my 11 Accord held up really well over time. No issues whatsoever.
From sitting in new Pilots recently, the material is undeniably the Honda leather of old... I know this is subjective but anyone who's been around a number of Hondas over the years knows what I'm talking about... could be wrong but pretty confident I'm right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts