Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I did my research for a while here and other places...and went back and forth between the Pilot and other 7 - 8 seat mid sized SUV's reading all the info I could. Found a 2 owner, 2011 w/ 138,000 three weeks ago with every record of maintenance (which included a thrown P303 code from 20,000 miles/2 years ago, all spark plugs replaced at Honda dealership and some computer update). Of course this made me very nervous (VCM, oil consumption, bla bla bla). I just told myself - every vehicle has got some potential issues, I'm going to just go for it and embrace whatever journey this Pilot brings me on (unexpected maintenance included!).

Things I've done and some thoughts:

1) Installed VCM Tuner II, no ECO Light at all.
2) Was getting high 18 mpg for 800 miles of all rural road driving, this is before VCM disabling and running ethanol gas.
3) I started running non-ethanol and now I'm seeing around 20.1 mpg, did the math on gas costs (which are WAY down) and with increased range potentially due to non ethanol vs lower mpg on ethanol and they both come out to ten cents per mile at current gas prices.

Anyways, thanks for the forum!

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
Welcome the forum. Congrats on your new-to-you 2011 Pilot.

And yes, gas prices are way down. My fill up at Costco two weeks ago was ~$3.30 per gallon. Yesterday it was $2.60 per gallon at the same location.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts