Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m replacing my headlights, and I figured since my front end is torn apart I can take a look at the radiator to see if it has been replaced. It’s a Denso AA422132-8564 manufactured in Michigan . I’m guessing that means it has been replaced at some point and I don’t need to make a plan to replace it in the future?

EDIT: I searched the rest of the forum and found out it is aftermarket. I’m a papaga

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
760 Posts
I’m replacing my headlights, and I figured since my front end is torn apart I can take a look at the radiator to see if it has been replaced. It’s a Denso AA422132-8564 manufactured in Michigan . I’m guessing that means it has been replaced at some point and I don’t need to make a plan to replace it in the future?

EDIT: I searched the rest of the forum and found out it is aftermarket. I’m a papaga
Was there a model # or code that told you the difference between original vs aftermarket? Also what lights did u go with and how do u like them? Thanks

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
I’m a papaga
Had to look that one up.

Urban Dictionary: Pepega

But don't be so hard on yourself. It's not like when the radiator gets changed they put that little sticker up on the inside corner of your windshield when some places change the oil. Not only did you find it, you now have the piece of mind [sic] that comes with knowing it's been changed.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was there a model # or code that told you the difference between original vs aftermarket? Also what lights did u go with and how do u like them? Thanks
Those codes I got on the top driver side of the radiator. Denso is not OEM, and my radiator is much thicker like @aggrex showed above. I got my lights from carid.com. I like them so far. They look way better than the faded chrome oem lights. I’m not a fan of chrome so once I saw the black housing ones I went for it.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2WD w Navi
26 Posts
Is there a handy way to tell if my radiator has been replaced or somewhere I can see the model # without having to take apart the front end?

·
Registered
10,323 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2WD w Navi
26 Posts
Have you tried this?
Ha I assumed Depleted Islet meant they could see the codes cuz the front end was taken apart. I guess I’ll go look at the top drivers side of my radiator and see what I can see.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha I assumed Depleted Islet meant they could see the codes cuz the front end was taken apart. I guess I’ll go look at the top drivers side of my radiator and see what I can see.
I’m fairly certain the only thing you have to remove to see the manufacturer codes on the radiator support is the plastic cover that is over the radiator and condenser. It has like 10 push clips that you will have to remove. It’s very easy.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
Still sporting my OEM on my '08 SE FWD.
Until it NEEDS changing, I ain't changing it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
Hope you get a leak before you get a pink milkshake.

Actually, I sincerely hope you get neither. But remember this chart is dated and all the results from the 2008s weren't in yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts