Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to set the Compass (navigation) as the default on the drivers information interface? I love having it on my dash as it also shows current street name. But it resets after I turn off the Pilot.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Not that I know of. I also like having the compass and street name on the drivers information panel. I have to push the OK button every time I start the car in order to get it to show back up. Otherwise it just continues to show the Navigation selection on top of the other options and nothing on the panel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Simple. With car running set the mode on the driver interface to navigation. Turn your car off. When the car restarts wait several seconds for the electronics to settle down. You are waiting for the navigation to boot up. If you hit the button immediately on start-up you won't see navigation as an option. Then simply hit the enter button on the left side of the steering wheel and navigation (or whatever mode you were in when previously shut down) will come on. There is no way to do this completely hands free but this only takes a one button push after a brief wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simple. With car running set the mode on the driver interface to navigation. Turn your car off. When the car restarts wait several seconds for the electronics to settle down. You are waiting for the navigation to boot up. If you hit the button immediately on start-up you won't see navigation as an option. Then simply hit the enter button on the left side of the steering wheel and navigation (or whatever mode you were in when previously shut down) will come on. There is no way to do this completely hands free but this only takes a one button push after a brief wait.
Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work on mine. After waiting for everything to reset the interface defaults to move change order button. Hitting the center button just chooses that option.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work on mine. After waiting for everything to reset the interface defaults to move change order button. Hitting the center button just chooses that option.
You have to have Navigation as the last item selected and on top of the list. Sounds like you still have the change order as the top item. I have mine as Navigation, Trip Computer, Maintenance, etc. When I first start the car, the Trip Computer comes up first, but then within 5 or 10 seconds, the Navigation comes up as the top item. I select Enter (which I originally said was an OK button in my previous post) See if this helps you any

Arrange Driver Interface Items order

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine is a 2019 Touring. Whatever was previously selected at shutdown will be first at startup (after pressing button). Check with your service department to see if a software update is available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to have Navigation as the last item selected and on top of the list. Sounds like you still have the change order as the top item. I have mine as Navigation, Trip Computer, Maintenance, etc. When I first start the car, the Trip Computer comes up first, but then within 5 or 10 seconds, the Navigation comes up as the top item. I select Enter (which I originally said was an OK button in my previous post) See if this helps you any

Arrange Driver Interface Items order
That worked, thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a way to set the Compass (navigation) as the default on the drivers information interface? I love having it on my dash as it also shows current street name. But it resets after I turn off the Pilot.
I had a Honda CRV Touring that would show the compass (on the interface below the speedometer) by default. Since then, I've owned a 2019 Pilot and now a 2021 Pilot and neither Pilot will display the compass by default. You have to hit 'ok' each and every time the vehicle is started, otherwise only the word 'navigation' appears.

·
Registered
735 Posts
What we're trying to do is have the compass displayed without having to press anything. I was able to do it on a cr/v touring that I owned, but for whatever reason, we're no longer able to do that.
Nope, you will have to endure the indignity of having to push a button once in order to have the compass appear and the street name displayed along with it. That's if you have your Navigation app as the first choice in your app lists as mentioned in earlier posts and it was your last used app when you shut the car off.

Don't know why Honda did it this way in the Pilot, but it's not a big deal at all. Once the GPS picks up and then displays "Navigation" on your screen you push the OK button. I usually lock into the GPS and get the Navigation function within 5-10 seconds of starting the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts