Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an amplifier inside their Pilot? How did you get the power straight from the battery into the vehicle? Under the dash? Back deck drain holes? Any openings from the engine compartment into the cabin? I want to have a subwoofer in the back and I need to run a power cable! Anyone done this? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

:confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
projesse,
There is a rubber boot to the upper left of the brake pedal with a large wire bundle. Thats where I ran my #12 wire for my amateur radio rig. I used a knitting needle to gently probe the area after first inspecting how the wire bundle was positioned and then gently (well it took a little oommpf to get it started) pushed it through the bottom part of the boot. Off to the hardware store to get a small assortment of metric nuts to allow attachment to battery without disconnecting the battery cable thus requiring reset of codes, Idle Learn, etc.. I think it may of been a #6 metric but bought some #10 and below.
Line fused AT the battery. If your uncomfortable with running another wire through along with your hot wire there is a nice solid connection on the left of the break pedal with a bolt sticking through that a #10 (?) nut will fit quite nicely on for your ground.
Run and dress wires as appropriate.
Verify your ground connection with a Ohmmeter if you have one.
Hope this will help, I would think there are other solutions but this particular one worked for me.
Chuck
W9NWR

·
Registered
804 Posts
If you have all the wiring, then great. If not, get yourself an amp wiring kit. I got the 200-watt kit from Monster. It came with 8-guage wire for power and everything else that you need.

I used the grommet just above the power steering. I made a small slit in the grommet with an Exacto type knife. It was easy to get to the other end, which is just behind the parking brake lever. From that point, it is fairly easy to run the hidden wires down the left side of the Pilot.

Wiring Kit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts