Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you take out the 3rd row seats on the 2007 Pilot?
What does it look like when they are out, how is the new flooring, describe and please post a pic if possible?

Does it give you a lot more storage space?
Does it have an effect on road noise?

Thanks for comments and tips

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,613 Posts
I think it's pretty much a few bolts and that's it. How much more storage space and road noise you'll get, I couldn't say, but I don't think the floor is smooth and flat, IIRC.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Floor won't be flat.

Potential extra volume is the size of the seats when folded, so it's not insignificant. The catch is that the volume is not accessible from the rear, only from the front.

If you just want to load more stuff in there, as when you're moving, it might be worth the trouble.

If you want a flat platform, as for sleeping or easy loading / unloading from the rear, I think you're better off leaving the third row in and building your platform in front of it. With a good design, you'll have a lot of volume under that for storage, and a flat surface from the front seats to the tailgate.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

P
PILOTonBoard
Registered

Joined Mar 29, 2015
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · 2 mo ago

How do you take out the 3rd row seats on the 2007 Pilot?
What does it look like when they are out, how is the new flooring, describe and please post a pic if possible?

Does it give you a lot more storage space?
Does it have an effect on road noise?

[IMG alt="plplplpl"]https://www.piloteers.org/d1/avatars/m/161/161441.jpg?1606158800[/IMG]

to plplplpl
Thanks for chiming in
to Tacoma'03Pilot
Potential extra volume is the size of the seats when folded, so it's not insignificant. The catch is that the volume is not accessible from the rear, only from the front.
Please explain what I would see and access when opening the tailgate?
Thanks

Other than that, I hope someone who has removed the 3rd row seats (or more seats) could post a pic?

·
Registered
10,245 Posts
Someone did this on a 2nd gen.

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
317 Posts
Didn't take pics when I had them out on our 06 but you'll have about a 7" ledge in front of the head rest storage area. There is a cross brace in front of the plastic headrest storage tray. 4 bolts to remove each seat. You will not get a flat floor if that's what you have in mind. Removing the rear seats might give you about two medium sized suitcases worth of space.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Sorry I can't make the quoting work for this post.
Sounds like if the 3rd row seats are removed, standing behind the Pilot and opening the tailgate, I would see first the plastic compartment that houses the headrests; then, is the coss-brace right along at the edge of it behind that compartment? Then there would be a 7" drop to the carpeted floor? Behind that, is the rest of the floor flat? Thanks

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
317 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. Sorry I can't make the quoting work for this post.
Sounds like if the 3rd row seats are removed, standing behind the Pilot and opening the tailgate, I would see first the plastic compartment that houses the headrests; then, is the coss-brace right along at the edge of it behind that compartment? Then there would be a 7" drop to the carpeted floor? Behind that, is the rest of the floor flat? Thanks
See post #29 here, there are photos of a 2004 EX with the seats removed.

·
Registered
9,613 Posts
See post #29 here, there are photos of a 2004 EX with the seats removed.
Posting tip: If you click on the number of a post (i.e., #29), the URL at the top of your browser will update immediately to that exact post, then you just copy and paste that URL for a direct link to that post.

The forum software defaults to posting text from the first post on that page, but the link takes you directly to the post you want.

If you don't want that text, since it may be confusing or irrelevant, you can go back and edit your post to remove the [B] unfurl="true"[/B] and then when you save, only the URL will post.

Removing second row seats?

That said, last two pics in post #29 are of a second generation Pilot. Post #21 and #22 have more pics of a 2006 (1st generation).

Removing second row seats?

·
Registered
10,245 Posts
The forum software defaults to posting text from the first post on that page, but the link takes you directly to the post you want.
Didn't work for me. Must be better technology in Canada. I guess I'll have to keep using the share icon to copy a link.

·
Registered
9,613 Posts
Didn't work for me. Must be better technology in Canada. I guess I'll have to keep using the share icon to copy a link.
That works just fine, too, to insert a missing link.

Get it? Missing link? Sometimes I just crack myself up.

·
Registered
10,245 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts