Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a quick YouTube video for those of you who may not know how to replace your cabin filter. It takes about 30 seconds and you can get the filters for about $8 on Amazon. It's a CF10134 or CP134 replacement filter. I think the dealer wanted to charge upwards of $40 for this, which is absurd.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I was quoted $120, them claiming "You have to disassemble half the dashboard to get to that filter". Yeah, right.

The hardest part of the procedure is sorting through all the junk in the glove box, trying to understand what it is, how it got there, and what can be disposed of.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Awesome video ! ...

empty contents in glove compartment BEFORE disengaging the side clips :) that was the awesome moment I ran into

·
Registered
476 Posts
A couple more comments:
The car in your video is disgustingly clean. Such don't exist in real life. :)

A vacuum with long thin nozzle is strongly recommended to vacuum out the filter compartment before putting the new filter in. Mine always has bits of leaves and other assorted debris there.

The filter holder is gonna have an arrow on it somewhere indicating air flow direction. IIRC, in Pilot this arrow points up. The filter is also going to have an arrow on one of its sides. Make sure those arrows match direction. Filter holder has ridges that filter border slips over, so you can't really put in the filter the wrong way. But you CAN ruin your new filter if you try to go for that "I can do in in 20 seconds!" achievement. :cool:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Also, you must have an LX. On EX and above, there's a cushion damper rod on the RH side of the glovebox you need to disconnect in addition to squeezing in on the sides.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had a 2007 EX too, and filter replacing there was slightly more involved but nowhere like that. And it was also horizontal. There was a piece of plastic blocking access to filter, but that looked more like something to facilitate molding - and can be cut off. In fact Honda dealerships cut if off when changing filter. But past that is a metal bar held by two screws. One screw is easy to remove, another you would have to take the dashboard apart for. Except you did not have to. With first screw out, the bar was easily rotated out of the way. More like a two minute procedure instead of 30 seconds.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, you must have an LX. On EX and above, there's a cushion damper rod on the RH side of the glovebox you need to disconnect in addition to squeezing in on the sides.
I have an EX. It’s a 2013. Maybe the damper rod is on later models?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A couple more comments:
The car in your video is disgustingly clean. Such don't exist in real life. :)
Thanks. I actually thought about cleaning the floor mat before I did the video. lol. I try to keep it clean. With 2 kids it sure isn’t east. Of course I took all the crap out of the glovebox first. ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts