Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my wife told me that she found a small rip in the headliner close to the rear right passenger door. I went to take a look at it and it's perhaps 1/2" in length and very narrow. But the black is still showing through from underneath the headliner. I'd like to get this repaired as quickly as possible before it becomes larger, but all the dealers I called in town told me they have nothing to repair a rip of this type and suggested I call some upholstery shops that specializes in cars and see what I can find.

I haven't got around to calling any of these places, but I have a feeling that I'll be charged for an arm and a leg for it. My wife went to a few craft and fabric shops, but said she couldn't find anything that would reasonably match the headliner.

Have any of you had a small rip in the headliner and if so, what did you do to repair it? TIA.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sounds like a perfect excuse to go visit the sunroof shop and get fitted for a webasto, eh??? :D

Seriously though...they may be able to fix your torn headliner.

·
Registered
423 Posts
RipRocK said:
This morning my wife told me that she found a small rip in the headliner close to the rear right passenger door. I went to take a look at it and it's perhaps 1/2" in length and very narrow. But the black is still showing through from underneath the headliner. I'd like to get this repaired as quickly as possible before it becomes larger, but all the dealers I called in town told me they have nothing to repair a rip of this type and suggested I call some upholstery shops that specializes in cars and see what I can find.

I haven't got around to calling any of these places, but I have a feeling that I'll be charged for an arm and a leg for it. My wife went to a few craft and fabric shops, but said she couldn't find anything that would reasonably match the headliner.

Have any of you had a small rip in the headliner and if so, what did you do to repair it? TIA.
Please change your name to RippedRock.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You jokers :D nighthawk, I guess I'll at least give them a call and see if I can get a quote at least. Thanks.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Rip,

Is it the headliner's "cardboard backing" you're seeing in that area or is it showing all the way to the roof?

If it's just the fabric separated from the backing, just use one of those Elmer's glue sticks to reattach it. The one with the paste (NOT liquid).

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TW, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just the cardboard backing that's showing through. The color's black. There's no depth to the rip, it's "superficial". I thought about doing what you suggested, but I don't know if I can make it look as seemless as if I were to find a fabric material and cover the area up. With my clumsy hands, I'd probably end up ripping it up some more while making the glue paste go all over the place. I think I'll have the Mrs. keep searching for a fabric that'll blend in well with the headliner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts