Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the trick to how to remove the dashboard cigarette lighter? I've removed the panel and I'm trying to remove the lighter socket but its held in place by two plastic tabs that push through the metal cylinder. You can see the tiny tabs inside the barrel in the photo below. Virtually impossible to simultaneously press the tabs and push the socket out at the same time. Surely there is an easier way?

Below > Maybe this tab is key?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Why remove? Just stick something like this into it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I know about those. I've got several of them. I need to remove the socket to hide the USB adapter behind the dash.

Anyways, I managed to get the lighter adapter removed. I had to get a pair of ring pin pliers and stick it into the socket in order to trip both plastic nibs at the same time and push the socket out. Now that it's out, I've inserted one of my dual USB adapters, like the one you suggest, into it, plugged my USB cable into it and hid it behind that dash plate cover, routing the charge cable end up to the upper console where my tablet is.

Here's a few shots of the dry fit before I dremel cut the channels to secure my tablet corners behind those two dash cover plates:

This shot above, you can see where I'll need to cut the panel to fit the corner of the panel snug and allow the panel to snap back into place. It should look like a factory fit, but for the USB connector. I'm looking to possibly replace that with a thin ribbon USB angle connector so it will be virtually invisible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts