Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son put a box sealing tape all of my sunroof and moon roof.
I just noticed it when I opened the window.

Tried to peel it off but it's break into small dry pieces.

It must stayed there for a while let the sun dry it up.

Any Ideas on how to remove it?

Appreciate the help,
Thanks

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
First take the vehicle out from under the hot sun, allow to cool. Try some WD40 first as it's safer on painted surfaces before switching off to more effective goo-gone type products which dissolve the sticky residue but can be harmful to some painted surfaces so use with caution. Optional: use razor scraper carefully. Then find that son-of-a-gun and get an explanation before or after...

·
Registered
9,389 Posts

I've used this to remove road tar. I'm sure it could break thru that old adhesive. Spray on and let it soak for 30 seconds. Then wipe off gently with a cotton towel. Do not scrub. Then wash the surface with dawn liquid with water to remove the Goo Gone. In the shade is best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Use PPG DX330. PPG DX/SX Cleaners are specifically designed to remove wax, grease, silicones, road tar, engine oil, overspray, adhesives and other contaminants. You will have to go to an auto paint store to purchase it. Auto Zone, Advance Auto, O'Reilly Stores will not have it. The picture shows a gallon, but you can purchase it by the quart.

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
View attachment 138042
I've used this to remove road tar. I'm sure it could break thru that old adhesive. Spray on and let it soak for 30 seconds. Then wipe off gently with a cotton towel. Do not scrub. Then wash the surface with dawn liquid with water to remove the Goo Gone. In the shade is best.
I’ve also tried wd-40 to get rid of tar and it works, but goo gone probably works better.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Oh you can also try rubbing alcohol but I’m not too sure if it’ll work on tape that’s been “baked” on.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,039 Posts
Have you tried softening the tape (guess it’s more than adhesive residue) with a hair dryer as well as alcohol etc

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,039 Posts
Also look for this.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts