Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

How to remove dressing from dash????

1631 7
Took my 2021 Pilot to local touch-free car wash (first time). They put some ridiculously terrible coconut-scented dressing on my front dash. I can't take it - drove home with windows down but it is still very much there.

Any suggestions on how to remove whatever it is they put on it? It must have been like a vinyl conditioner like armor-all, except the scent is unacceptable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2004 Pilot LX & 2021 Pilot Special Edition
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies! I also heard from another source that Dawn - "the degreaser" - should do the job. Gonna attempt shortly and I'll post the results for benefit of others.

Thanks again!

· Registered
2004 Pilot LX & 2021 Pilot Special Edition
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replies! I also heard from another source that Dawn - "the degreaser" - should do the job. Gonna attempt shortly and I'll post the results for benefit of others.

Thanks again!
So the shiny, glossy, greasy sh%t they put on my dash has been removed using Dawn and warm water, but much of the smell remains. Hoping that's just a little residual and will subside in a couple of days.

· Registered
Home of the 306k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
14,945 Posts
Took my 2021 Pilot to local touch-free car wash (first time). They put some ridiculously terrible coconut-scented dressing on my front dash. I can't take it - drove home with windows down but it is still very much there.

Any suggestions on how to remove whatever it is they put on it? It must have been like a vinyl conditioner like armor-all, except the scent is unacceptable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Add a little pineapple?

Reactions: Cousin Itt

· Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
1,214 Posts
So the shiny, glossy, greasy sh%t they put on my dash has been removed using Dawn and warm water, but much of the smell remains. Hoping that's just a little residual and will subside in a couple of days.
The smell has probably permeated into the upholstery, leave the windows open and it should go away.
Add a little pineapple?
And a bit of Rum, Pina-Coladas anyone?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.