Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for an answer to this question and do not see where it has been addressed so far. (Maybe in the MDX site; haven't looked there yet).

The headlight covers are going to get scratched from road debris, sand, etc. What can we use to preserve the scratch free beauty of the covers? How should we go about polishing the covers?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think www.stonegard.com and www.xpel.com sells 3M clear sheets that can cover the headlight covers to prevent them from being damaged by debris. Check them out.
Howdy Ag said:
I searched for an answer to this question and do not see where it has been addressed so far. (Maybe in the MDX site; haven't looked there yet).

The headlight covers are going to get scratched from road debris, sand, etc. What can we use to preserve the scratch free beauty of the covers? How should we go about polishing the covers?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try Meguiars Mirror Glaze Plastic Cleaner, Polish and Detailer. You can find it at any Auto Parts/Boat & Marine store. I used this stuff to clean the clear plastic back window on my BMW M Roadster convertible and it works great. You can also use it on the plastic headlight lenses.

·
Registered
664 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just be careful when you purchase those protective film from the unknown manufacturers. Since you are only interested in protecting your head light covers, fading should not be a big issue, to some degree.

Just remember, a good protective film should not fade (in a short time), back side ahesive should be strong since there are heat generated by your head lights. It should also be easily removed without damaging the painted surface.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts