Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have an 05 Pilot that I have lost the love for... I've had lights on the dash for the while now and recently found the issue and had the problems fixed. After driving around for so long with the lights on the dash and now they are gone I feel a big sense of relief. I am now in search for the "I love my car" feeling. I am just wondering what types of mods or things have you done to your vehicles that give you this feeling?

:p

·
Registered
5,582 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,955 Posts
Vacuum. Wash. Wax.

Go to dealership, look at new ones, and realize they’re expensive and ?¥<%ing ugly. Walk back to your 2005 and smile.

Personally I think the body style of the 2003-05 generation is the best looking and things have gone downhill from there.

Reactions: Tacoma'03Pilot

·
Registered
332 Posts
Vacuum. Wash. Wax.

Go to dealership, look at new ones, and realize they’re expensive and ?¥<%ing ugly. Walk back to your 2005 and smile.

Personally I think the body style of the 2003-05 generation is the best looking and things have gone downhill from there.
Absolutely. Then do any other maintenance you've been deferring. It will all still cost less than the sales tax and title fee on a new one, and you're set for another 100k.

If you're still not convinced, spend 20 minutes reading current postings on things that go wrong with new ones. All the audio / video / phone integration stuff is just the cost of doing business these days, but I really feel for folks with problems like "I cannot open my rear hatch because the automation failed". There's a lot to be said for simple.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I own an 18 Pilot EX-L but many years ago we had an 03 EX-L. My wife and I still talk about that car. Maybe it was because it was where our son spent many hours in when he was a toddler, or perhaps it was a better built vehicle. I know the seats were 10x more comfortable than our 18. Yes our 18 has a lot more interior space but it sometimes feels like a minivan without the sliding doors.
I do get much better gas mileage in the 18, I routinely see over 30mph on the highway whereas the 03 was lucky to break into the 20's. But I do think that all the fancy electronics will eventually mean big repair bills.
At any rate, enjoy what you drive, and happy motoring!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I love my '05 EXL. 90k miles and doing well. When I'm not driving it, I'm smiling behind the wheel of my '08 S2000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts