Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What else can I play through the rear entertainment system?

Can I run a fire TV stick? How could I connect that to an internet connection?

Can you get over the air channels (cbs, nbc etc)?

What have you done or added to make the overhead system more?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Interested in this as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a small Mi Box S Android TV connected to the HDMI input and it works well for streaming Netflix, etc. using my 2019’s built in AT&T hotspot. I have also have a handful of movies ripped so the kids have something to watch if the cell service is spotty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
On road trips I connect a Chromecast. I tether it to a cell phone for streaming. Also, I stock up the phone with videos and use it as a Plex server to stream to the Chromecast.

·
Registered
65 Posts
On road trips I connect a Chromecast. I tether it to a cell phone for streaming. Also, I stock up the phone with videos and use it as a Plex server to stream to the Chromecast.
How does that work exactly? I’ve been meaning to try this out and the info with regard to Chromecast’s “guest mode” seems confusing.

Is WiFi (via tether) required for operation throughout or just when setting up the Chromecast device? If you were to travel outside of cell phone coverage, after the initial setup, could you cast a movie previously downloaded to the phone, using guest mode?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a fire stick connected with the RES via HDMI. For internet connection, I use my hotspot via my phone as I have free data for up to 10GB at 4G speeds through Tmobile. I think the ATT hotspot that come with the pilot is free for a few months, then it's a monthly charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts