Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
I'm new to the SUV/ 4x4 capable world. I have recently picked up a 2003 Pilot with an amazingly low 108,000km's on the ODO and all maintenance done by a Honda dealership on time or before. The truck is in immaculate condition but I can't help but want to molest it.
I'd like to start basic and easy with a skid plate, lift kit, up sized tires (possible fender flares), and a bush bumper. However, in B.C Canada there doesn't seem to be anything for aftermarket parts sourcing nor any information on such modifications that's even remotely helpful.
I saw a CRV of the same year give or take the other day and once I got home and looked into CRV modifications like bumpers, lifts, and skid plates I found tones of sites and resources.
It may sounds stupid, but I'm hoping to save some time and headache looking for what I want. My question is, how similar are they really? (pilots and CRVs of the same year) and what modifications and/or add-ons cross over between the two models.

I appreciate any input or advice! I'm driven to start building my pilot into a decent 4x4 rig, but have only worked on and modified old VW's in the past so I need some help LOL!
-KO

Picture of my VW and my Pilot for attention

Attachments

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Both suck offroad. Just look under the pilot and you'd see why.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I've looked under it and as far as I'll go under it/ actually pulling parts and modifying is a lift if it's worth it and a skid plate. The rest of the modifications I've been considering are strictly to look less like an 80 year old when I drive it around haha!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts