Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

How often do you WASH your Pilot? (Be Honest)

• At least once a week

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • About twice a month

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • About once a month

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • 2-4 times over 6 months

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • About once every 6 months

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • About once a year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It\'s best not to ask

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Always or almost always wash it myself

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Use carwash but do it myself when possible

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Always or almost always use carwash

Votes: 7 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often--and how--do you WASH your Pilot? (Be Honest)

Would like to get an idea how often, on average, my fellow Piloteers give their vehicles a bath and also how often auto car washes are used to do the job. :cool: I don't necessarily mean a complete wash/highly polished wax job....more like a routine thorough wash to remove normal road grime, bugs, bird poop.

Reactions: richb1

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Wash?

Next thing you know people will be talking about checking tires and changing oil!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I'll keep washing it by hand well into the Fall using warm water in the bucket. But once the water in the hose starts to freeze, I'll I have to take it through a car wash.:eek:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
N_Jay said:
Wash?

Next thing you know people will be talking about checking tires and changing oil!
My significant other and I get into friendly (usually) arguments about how often we should wash the car...and also, since you mentioned it, how often to change the oil. So, I wanted to show him, real-life, what the majority of our Pilot peers do!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Stealth dirt

Hey Ziploc,

You and I never need to wash our SS's! It's the best camoflage :D

At least you don't FEEL like you have to. It's actually better at hiding road film than I thought it would be. I wash her about 1 time a month, depending on the weather, but I only drive 700 mi per month too. When it gets nasty out (October through May here!) it may be a different story. I'll be washing when(IF) ever the sun comes out.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I take my Pilot to the touchless car wash at least twice a month, it does a fairly good job of maintaining the shine & getting rid of road grime.

I do plan to give it a good hand wash & wax before the end of September & keep taking it to the touchless wash until spring for another hand wash & wax, then the cycle just repeats it self.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Stealth dirt

74PILOTMOM said:
Hey Ziploc,

You and I never need to wash our SS's! It's the best camoflage :D

At least you don't FEEL like you have to. It's actually better at hiding road film than I thought it would be. I wash her about 1 time a month, depending on the weather, but I only drive 700 mi per month too. When it gets nasty out (October through May here!) it may be a different story. I'll be washing when(IF) ever the sun comes out.
Yeah, 74PILOTMOM, the SS is pretty forgiving. Which is the point hubby and I debate.....I'm the one who insists that we should wash the Pilot more often than we do because......it may not LOOK dirty, but it IS!!!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
"There's a pan under there?" - Martin Riggs talking about his refrigerator in Lethal Weapon 2

:p

I think "Whenever It Rains" should also be an option for the poll.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
During the non-winter months I try to wash it once a week, but sometimes go 2 weeks. I wax/polish with several coats at least once a summer. Bird Poop gets removed as quickly as possible with a quick detailer product. I use Eagle One Wax As U Dry when I hand wash and dry. Saturday I cheated and used a touchless was, but followed up with Eagle One Wet Shine quick detailer yesterday. Looks pretty good, don't you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
ok would love to do it every week..but do it maybe every two...:(

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
jay said:
Looks pretty good, don't you think.
It looks beautiful, Jay. I'm especially loving the O.W.L. Michelin XT's! Those will be my next rubber for sure.
Looking SWEEEEEEEET!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:

It looks beautiful, Jay. I'm especially loving the O.W.L. Michelin XT's! Those will be my next rubber for sure.
Looking SWEEEEEEEET!
jay-->:6: :29: <--74PILOTMOM

Thanks. I really like the look with the tires, too.

·
Registered
964 Posts
My Pilot is Sage Brush Pearl and shows every speck of dust but looks beautiful when clean.
I wash her once a week. Always by hand. I try to wax about once every month or two but I have to wait until we have a cool overcast morning to do it. That means I have to be out washing before 6 AM.
Last week my neighbor told me that I was going to rub the paint off my car. I just had to laugh and agree.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
smurray said:
My Pilot is Sage Brush Pearl and shows every speck of dust but looks beautiful when clean.
I wash her once a week. Always by hand. I try to wax about once every month or two but I have to wait until we have a cool overcast morning to do it. That means I have to be out washing before 6 AM.
Last week my neighbor told me that I was going to rub the paint off my car. I just had to laugh and agree.
Out washing your Pilot BEFORE 6 a.m.? You truly love your vehicle, smurray! Or maybe you're a natural early riser. Never was lucky enough to be one myself!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not often enough. Actually quite enjoying giving the Pilot a wash, even though it is big. However, problem is that each time I wash it, I feel the urge to Zaino, etc it, which takes up a long time and the wife doesn't like the fact that I spend more time on her car than with her ! :whip:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ziploc said:

Out washing your Pilot BEFORE 6 a.m.? You truly love your vehicle, smurray! Or maybe you're a natural early riser. Never was lucky enough to be one myself!
A little of both, I guess. You gotta get out early or the paint gets too hot to wash/wax.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wash the pilot 2x a week by hand> my neighbors think im nut. But i have the cleanest car on the block. BTW i wax 1x a month.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Previous post
I do plan to give it a good hand wash & wax before the end of September & keep taking it to the touchless wash until spring for another hand wash & wax, then the cycle just repeats it self.
Just washed/waxed Pilot in preparation for the long winter. It took 2 hrs to detail the exterior & it was worth every minute I spent doing it:bling:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
What kind of wax (or zaino?) are you using? It looks gorgeous! I know someone who used BOAT wax on their Pilot. Can anyone tell me why this would be a bad thing? I still haven't waxed my Pilot at all, afraid it will enhance my splotchiness issues, but winter is coming, and she needs protection regardless.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts