Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Honda Pilot EX-L
10 Posts
I just got a timing belt change done on mine from my local mechanic. I provided the plugs to him and he charged me about $650.00 for everything. I can look up the bill for all he did but it was way cheaper then what our Service Center would have billed me (thinking $800 to $1000?). It's nice when you can find someone whom you can trust and is fair on costs. I have a 2009 EX-L Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
Just depends on what you need done. Sometimes changing the air filter and cleaning the (MAF) Mass Airflow sensor can help. Do you have a check engine light on?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
What's a tuneup mean these days? How is your Pilot running or not running? Describe the squeaks, groans, rattles, vibrations etc. to help us help you.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,187 Posts
It all depends on what needs to be done and what labor/shop rate is in your part of the country.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just depends on what you need done. Sometimes changing the air filter and cleaning the (MAF) Mass Airflow sensor can help. Do you have a check engine light on?
Yes I do, it was on and when I started the car it was making a knocking noise. Got the oil changed light went away so did the noise but as of the other day the light came back on

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
Yes I do, it was on and when I started the car it was making a knocking noise. Got the oil changed light went away so did the noise but as of the other day the light came back on
Ok.
At this point, it would be good to know what engine codes are stored in the ECU. Places like AutoZone will read the codes for you for free, or you can buy a scan tool. Getting the codes will help point you in the right direction, if you want to DIY. Otherwise, ya, a shop is going to hit you for a diagnostics charge + parts and labor to fix. You could call repair shops and see what they charge for diagnostics if DIY is not something that you want to do.
What's your milage?

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,876 Posts
Modern cars don't get tuneups in the classic sense of the word. There are no points, not distributor or rotor. In addition to what Nail Grease has asked, what's the mileage? Have you kept up on the recommended maintenance from Honda. Generally based on miles with time being a backup for low mileage drivers. Go here, put in your vehicles information and see what was supposed to be done, vs what has been done.

It may not be cheap, but keeping up on the recommended maintenance will go a long way to extending the life of the vehicle as well as limit problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts