Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've seen how much gas is in different areas of the US. Now just wondering how much people are paying to fill up the Pilot and how many times a week.

I'm in the SF Bay Area and I know I spend between $25 and $30 every 4 days to fill up. Saw a Hummer H2 go over $85 at the pump the other day, Wonder if that included his spare gas tank?

·
Registered
170 Posts
2k3_nbp said:
We've seen how much gas is in different areas of the US. Now just wondering how much people are paying to fill up the Pilot and how many times a week.

I'm in the SF Bay Area and I know I spend between $25 and $30 every 4 days to fill up. Saw a Hummer H2 go over $85 at the pump the other day, Wonder if that included his spare gas tank?
$85.00- HOLY SH.....!:eek: :eek:

I paid $26.00 the other day for my only fill-up so far!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I paid $21 the other day. However, my tank wasn't on empty. It had maybe a little less than 1/4 tank. I think I paid $1.63 a gallon.

The way gas prices have gone up I haven't been able to come up with what I consider to be a good "average" price to fill up the tank.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Nothing

I guess that I'm one of the lucky ones with company credit cards. My sister had an Excursion she just sold. I definitely wouldn't want to fill up that Gas Hog frequently.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
$29.79 last night. 17.554 gal :(

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
14.2 gallons for 24.42.....:confused: :3:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've never let it go below q 1/4 tank, and it usually costs me about $22 to fill it with regular gas.

·
Registered
152 Posts
$33

·
Registered
725 Posts
My Gas Bill

I'm spending between 26 to 29-dollars on every fill up.

Gas here in Parker, Colorado (at the station I use) is running $1.58 for regular unleaded which is 85 octane.

Or, $1.68 for mid-grade which I use because the octane rating is 87 and the owner's manual says 86 octane is the minimum.

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: My Gas Bill

PILOTinginCO said:

Gas here in Parker, Colorado (at the station I use) is running $1.58 for regular unleaded which is 85 octane.

Or, $1.68 for mid-grade which I use because the octane rating is 87 and the owner's manual says 86 octane is the minimum.

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO
Those are great prices right now!! :4:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: My Gas Bill

PILOTinginCO said:

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO
85 Octane here in Colorado is fine for the Pilot - or any vehicle that calls for "regular unleaded". It is all related to our elevation.

The gas companies like it when the consumer spends that extra 10 or 20 cents a gallon!!!

rod

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yesterday, after going 367.7 miles on a tank, I filled it up with 17.859 gal at a cost of $30.34. I was lucky to have found a station charging "only" $1.69/gal.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Tom said:
Yesterday, after going 367.7 miles on a tank, I filled it up with 17.859 gal at a cost of $30.34. I was lucky to have found a station charging "only" $1.69/gal.

WOW! 367.7 miles!!! Is that city driving? I'm usually filling at around 320 miles in city.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sage said:
WOW! 367.7 miles!!! Is that city driving? I'm usually filling at around 320 miles in city.
That's
20.589058737891259309031860686489 miles per gallon
Better than we've seen yet in our 1400 miles of driving.

Rob

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sage said:

That particular tank was about 90% highway and 10% city miles. Most of my driving is short trips where I have only been getting ~15 MPG, so I was glad to finally see a big number with the highway driving.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My highest so far has been $26 ! But, again I pretty much fill up only once every 2 weeks (The secret being I drive it only on the weekends ! :D )

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
a "desi" on the board.....:2: :2:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
15.828 gallons @ $1.769/gal for 89 Oct. ($28.00) I know, I probably should buy the 87, but I guess that I am so old school about buying gas that I still buy the better stuff or should I say more expensive stuff.

I used to have a 1995 T-Bird with a V-8. If I put anything but 93, it would not have any power on take off and passing. So that is my story. I think my next tank will be 87 though.

I drive mix of city and highway with an average of about 17 MPG.

Also don't forget about the rebates you can get with Chase Visa/Master Card. I get 5% on purchases of gas no matter where I buy it from. It used to be the Chase Shell card, but it is now known as the Chase Freedom Card. www.chase.com

:2:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts