Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new Pilot and I would like to know how much I should expect to pay over/under MSRP. I like the EX-L model or the EX-L Nav. There are several dealers in my area who have between 4-6 of them available in various colors.

Also, has the starting problem been fixed or should I expect to turn the key on for 2 seconds before trying to start each time?

·
Registered
276 Posts
NLBV said:
I am in the market for a new Pilot and I would like to know how much I should expect to pay over/under MSRP. I like the EX-L model or the EX-L Nav. There are several dealers in my area who have between 4-6 of them available in various colors.
I paid AT MSRP....now that the novelty has started to wear off, you'd probably wind up paying at MSRP, maybe a little above. If you're lucky enough to "talk them down", don't expect more than $500-$1000 off.

Also, has the starting problem been fixed or should I expect to turn the key on for 2 seconds before trying to start each time?
If you're not in a hurry to get one, you might wait for the '04. It is really a hit-and-miss problem.....some owners have it, some don't. In the 6 months I've had mine, this problem has only occurred 3 times. Very minimal, but nonetheless irritating.

·
Registered
12 Posts
depends on where you live

in Cleveland, I paid $1900 under MSRP for a EX-L Res. Elsewhere, they are going for at least MSRP.

Do your homework and shop around.

Also, the dealer I bought from dropped almost another $1000 when I went to test drive, vs. the price their internet guy quoted me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gruffster,

Thanks for the advice. I live in Houston and they seem to be dealing on them, according to a few other threads. I tried the Internet quick quote at one of the dealers by my work and the first price via email was $1700 off of MSRP. That is still more than $1300 over invoice.

I will go in for a test drive and see if they will knock off some more money. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
$1700 below MSRP back in November and no slow starting problems....

·
Registered
991 Posts
I paid about $1000 under MSRP $Canadian, they also threw in some accessories. MSRP is $43850.00 and paid 42800 EX-L..

Shop around hard! I bet you can really get a great deal.

rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought 2 in November. One for myself and one for my daughter. Both $1350.00 under MSRP. Work dealer against dealer, there are a lot more Pilots out there now. Supply and demand! The longer you wait the better the price should be, but then your not enjoying your Pilot.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Way Under MSRP Lately

WOW, what a difference a few months makes!!!

Back when I started looking in early November, you could hardly expect to deal when nobody had Pilots on the lot and you were told they were only taking orders. (I'm speaking of the Balt.-Wash. area.)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Way Under MSRP Lately

Ziploc said:
WOW, what a difference a few months makes!!!

Back when I started looking in early November, you could hardly expect to deal when nobody had Pilots on the lot and you were told they were only taking orders. (I'm speaking of the Balt.-Wash. area.)
Yup! It was worse back in June/July when we were looking in the D.C. metro area and dealers ADDED a markup to make the final price above MSRP AND had mandatory accessories... (Rosenthal Honda being one of them).

BTW, howdy up Route 27 neighbor...

·
Registered
25 Posts
place in crystal lake ill now has 9 pilots sitting on their lot.just got 4 more in yesterday.....too bad im not raeady to buy..salesman called me up 2 nights ago and said that if i come in that night they will give me a hell of a deal because that paticular day they didnt sell hardly any cars...so shop around and hit them late in the day or better yet at the end of the month....economy is bad..lots of people out of work so prices should come down later this year...im gonna get one at the end of the year....black exlres.want to take a look at the 04 model to see if their are any changes{doubtful]..i noticed an ad in the paper today from a jeep dealor advertising that they already have 04 models on the lot.....i couldnt believe it.....they must be rollin them out earlier now....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts